Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Post Newbie from County Down, NI

Hi all,

Been a member of the forum for a few months and in the past few weeks I've bought myself a 96 s14.

Car is a uk spec in concord grey (blue/purple shaded grey) with black leather interior, pretty much standard apart from full de-catted exhaust system, hks dump valve and s15 turbo.

Its not mot'd at the minute and feeling abit sorry for itself so currently its on the ramp getting as much surface rust off as possible, primed and waxoiled underneath and ready for mot on the 24th so fingers crossed she passes and some of you may see me on the road :P

Gave her a full service with new plugs and currently the rear subframe is out to replace the bushes and fit locking collars. The rear brake calipers are pretty seized too as she lay up for a few years so I've bought a kit to try restore them. Anyone know where I can buy new or used rear set? Hoping it doesn't need much more for mot apart from getting a few rust patches welded up :S I also intend on de-wipering the rear window and removing the wiper motor and diff cooler this weekend as heard its little to no use. Less weight

Bought a few bits just waiting for them to be fitted, japspeed intercooler kit, walbro fuel pump and navan side skirts and jun style arch extensions (mine are very rusted so they will be cut out)

Looking a good set of coilovers, 17' or 18' wheels, angle exit back box and a navan front bumper now to finish her off for the mean time but used stuff seem quite hard to get.

This is my first rwd car lol. Friend of mine had one last year and drove it a few times and I've been looking to get one since. Into my jap cars, had a uk spec dc2 integra few years ago then bought a corolla t sport and now I've bought the silvia.

Any other guys from 'Up North' ?

Pics to follow...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Chris

Last edited by Chris_Ni; 15-05-14 at 11:49.

Status
    User ID

Welcome along lad

Get a few pics up

I'm from Donegal - not tooooo far away from ya

Status
    User ID
    Letterkenny, Co.Donegal....the land of buns and donuts

Welcome along man. Another from Donegal here.

Status
    User ID

Welcome along,

Sounds like you're going the right way about things!
    Plan to underseal my own 14 in the next few weeks, waiting for a dry spell! Fairly rust-free and want to keep it that way.

Happy for ya on your first RWD and hope the MOT goes well.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I'm from south down, have a 180sx that will hopefully be hitting the road this summer.
    Newry Direction dude.
    Welcome Along.

Status
    User ID

Welcome

Status
    User ID

Bit of an update, car flew through mot, got her taxed and insured so shes fully legal Managed to get a set of used rear calipers, got the subframe in with new bushes and sills and rear arches welded up.

Got a set of gunmetal grey rota gtr's and npg coilovers made by bridgestone in japan.

Will get a few pictures up with new wheels and coilovers, she looks like a bit of a drift slag at the minute but will be getting the paintwork sorted in the coming months.

Pics to follow.