Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by decobyrne106 View Post
    Im sorry but he wasn't 'robbed' atall! Duanes car didn't bog he got the clip and took it like everyone else took it! Chris passed at the entrance of the corner and that wasn't the line to be taken all weekend! If chris held back and just stayed behind duane he would've had a fighting chance but should'a, would'a, could'a DIDN'T!
    END OF

Weekend was savage! Everyone was welcome'd by everyone and the standard of the cars and driving is on such a big level! And thank god for mother nature because the weather was epic all day!
    Duane washed out and bogged down simple. Chris had to check his line speed and angle, which should have resulted in a 0 anyway, not just my opinion but that of anyone i spoke to that was down at that clip at ford

Last edited by Stevo; 28-04-14 at 14:13.

Status
    User ID

From my memory He passed him mid corner Duane was out wide maybe Im wrong? Unreal event I was kind of glad the speaker wasnt working otherwise it would blow the head off a man.Weather was savage layout was great cars exceptional attendance awesome. and Ali doing the make a wish thing was really cool. More of all this

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Duane washed out and bogged down simple. Chris had to check his line speed and angle, which should have resulted in a 0 anyway, not just my opinion but that of anyone i spoke to that was down at that clip at ford
    your suppose to stay wide on that corner till the very end then come inside! Theres an outside clip and duane got it and christ didn't! His mistake his loss end of. By the way you were talking you were on the corner and you seen it yourself but then your just going by word of mouth, lead car does the line and sets the pace, follow car follows B-All-End-All and thats how a battle is done. Duane did not bog down, everyone looses speed getting that clip because you've to throw on the angle to head for the inside clip on the exit, duane couldn't even go in for the inside clip because chris brady was right infront of him.
    Call me a bullshitter but you sound very one sided about the hole thing

Last edited by decobyrne106; 28-04-14 at 16:41.

Status
    User ID

First time in a couple of years just spectating and not doing media. Really enjoyed it, especially with the nice weather yesterday. The layout of the pit area was cool, reminded me a bit of D1 in Fuji last month. Looking forward to round 2

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Was there for Saturday and Sunday. Had an awesome weekend. I think everything I would want to say has been covered, IDC Round 1 was awesome, like Jimmy said I'm glad too that the speakers weren't all working, because they turn those things up way too loud, too the point that you couldn't even hear the cars at some points!

On a sidenote, it was a bit disappointing to see so many hondas and dubscene failures in the modified live show area. Thankfully Sakura Squad did an awesome job bringing some absolutely sick (and possibly the best) cars in for the show. Nicely done girls

Bring on Round 2

Status
    User ID

Gonna keep it short and sweet. Epic day, congrats to Dave Egan and ALL the drivers involved! Cars are looking super, balls are bigger this year than ever before. Roll on round 2!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    Also some serious cars on display. A lot of money and time spent on most of the cars on show. Only 1 PS13 on show though. I must try get a second there for Japfest
    There was 2 there, one from Galway and the second from Mayo.. both white.
    Epic day, epic drifting, grand stand was some place to be.. MC was really good aswel.. John McCarthy's skills were unreal, some smoke and angles, backwards entry was unreal.
    Only thing I will say is modified live was like a car park meet.. no real stucture to it at all..

180sx build.
    Click Here

S14.5
    Click Here

Status
    User ID

I have been at a hell of a lot of drift events, here and across Europe and I reckon Sunday was the best day out of them all. Sun and drifting in Ireland just = awesomeness.

On the whole Duane thing, I wouldn't have had a good line of sight but listening to the Judges who said they re-watched a video to confirm, seemed to clear it all up to be honest. That shouldn't be talked about anyway.

How about wez keating, throwing the car around just for the fans. legend and fair play to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by decobyrne106 View Post
    your suppose to stay wide on that corner till the very end then come inside! Theres an outside clip and duane got it and christ didn't! His mistake his loss end of. By the way you were talking you were on the corner and you seen it yourself but then your just going by word of mouth, lead car does the line and sets the pace, follow car follows B-All-End-All and thats how a battle is done. Duane did not bog down, everyone looses speed getting that clip because you've to throw on the angle to head for the inside clip on the exit, duane couldn't even go in for the inside clip because chris brady was right infront of him.
    Call me a bullshitter but you sound very one sided about the hole thing
    chris overtook Duane before Duane could even get to the clipping point !! I was at briefing for both semi pro and pro, listened to the judges ect.. i can see why it was marked down on chris! If chris didn't overtake Duane and just drove up hos door and on clipping points he would havebeen marked up alot and possible took the win

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Thank the lord thee speakers wernt workn I had the worst beer fear what a weekend best one yet! Keep them coming Dave

Sig pic removed (size) - Admin

team ball bag