Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default shaunokeeffe e36 323i (princess) daily project

Going copy and paste from another thread to get up to date. Ive had several BMWs to date this being the current and will do till I pick up an E36 M3 Evo. Ye must be sick of me any my E36 coupes at this stage. This is another daily project I built a lot of confidence working on the last 318is so I'll hopefully do more of work myself. As ye know around this time last year I'd a near mint (hate that word) avuz blue E36 323i (2.5 168bhp standard), but unfortunately came to a miserable end due to several factors :-(.
    So after a years searching and a miserable stint in a Honda and a very succesful stint in a 318is I spotted a beautiful avuz 323i in Dublin agreed to purchase put down deposit and sold the 318. However evening before I was due to collect my phone rang, owner decided sell the car to his brother :-( . Fair dues he gave back deposit straight away. So I was carless and had pocket money...
    I must thank v6mat for lending me the 1.6 zetecs fiesta while I was carless at this point. A couple days frantic searching followed and another 323 popped up on donedeal in Tipperary, so after a half hours phonecall I agreed to view. So off i goes thanks gticorolla(Steven) for coming along both to view and collect. Arrived to see car spent bones hour looking at it and talking to yer man about the car and its history and eventually agreed a price, we both nearly walked away at this point haha.
    So went back few days later to collect and drove it straight to gticorollas house to give the car a good look over.
    We were pleasantly surprised with the overall condition of the car, black leather interior is perfect, underneath rust free, brake lines are new, body is straight and generally rust free apart from bonnet. Found few issues namely horrific respray in the past, bonnet is going to be replaced as a result. Going changing power steering rack as shes leaking slightly, and changing exhaust. Car came with cat and middle silencer in the boot (car has straight through fitted) however these were cut off so badly were unable refit them so im looking out for a full exhaust for now.
    Quick spec will update as I go
    E36 BMW 323i 168bhp
    Samoa Blue in colour, rare in E36 as Im led to believe
    Sitting on staggered 18" mv2's
    Lowered on JMK coilovers
    Straight through exhaust (for now) DONE
    Full black leather interior and rear headrests
    MSPORT steering wheel in great condition with m stiching
    Msport kit (missing side m trims)

To do to be updated as I go
    Full service (DONE)
    Exhaust (DONE)
    Power steering rack DONE
    Fan belt and tensioner DONE
    Sunflowers or similar (maybe.... very unsure about the mv2s)
    Replace bonnet and possible full paint correction
    Driver side window regulator DONE
    Finniky stuff now
    Replace badges
    Take off nurrenburg and ac snitzer stickers
    Put standard wheel badges on
    Driver side oem floor mat have rest
    Lose the eyelids DONE

So spent today cleaning, compounding, waxing etc as car was parked up nearly a year looked far better after but not to my standards just yet. Also put together a shopping list for the service to be gotten over next few days.

Her shed buddy 525d on book 3.0d fitted for sale

Sparks out awaiting new ones

Getting compounded... exhausting work lol

Time for some pics as she now on road

Progress update
    Stupid straight thru taken off. We counted around 8 different pipes welded together making it up. That fine looking backbox is also for the bin as all baffles were removed and backbox was poorly welded back together. Id say a cheese grater has less holes than your mans shitty welds.
    Was one long cuntish job too do as bolts from manifold to exhaust were well rusted so no opening them, so shitty exhaust was cut off and msnifold was taken from the block. 24 little bolts :grr:
    Up to the bench then to drill out the bolts
    4 little grinder blades
    10 drill bits
    2 drills
    Half box of fags
    Gticorollas insanity
    Couple back breaking hours we'd the bolts off

Finally then we fitted the new QUIET standard exhaust <3 Shes staying till I upgrade to the 328 manifold and exhaust.

Last night / today changed the powersteering rack (off my old e36 323i) and driver side tie rod end as it was cut off the new rack as one on old rack was too rusted to be removed and put on to new rack. Discovered this at 6.30 last night so princess had another sleepover in gticorollas shed. Bitch likes it there too much haha. Tried 3 different motorfactors before we were able track down the offending part and back to the shed then to fit it. I think we spent longer looking for the part than we did changing the whole rack.

Also replaced window regulator last night in drivers door so now I can use tolls and multi stories without need of opening doors :-)

Clutch next :-/ hopefully get to new year out of it as neither me nor gticorolla fancy a days work this side of christmas on it so no messing for me between now and then.

thank you steven before you get your thong in a twist

have ordered this clutch as mine slipping like f*ck

http://gripforce.com/f1-rigid-6-puck...-4l-2-5l-2-7l/

old and new clutch and a happy stevie at 1.30 am
    Ready to be refitted
    About get some lovely fresh oil

Been a while since any updates on this, between moving house car was denied of some loving. Saw a post on facebook the other night of alloys for sale down in Cork and after a couple phonecalls I agreed to purchase them. Arrived in Douglas and followed yer man out to 'his unit'. This unit turned out to be a farmers yard who has leased out his sheds to different groups mostly boy racers. This lads shed had room for about 6 cars in it and a 180sx and a gt starlet in the back getting rebuilt unfortunately couldnt get pictures. So we took off my bastarding mv2s and fitted the rotas instantly transforming the car, well in my eyes at least. Had to raise yer mans car then at the rear. luckily I thought to bring a key for coilovers has he was fitting 10.5 j deep dishalloys at the back.

And now the money shot

Im going replacing the centre caps as I think the chrome looks god awful and going fitting spacers front and rear and she'll be sitting pretty at last.

Since last post have put 220/40s on the back since the inside walls on tyres developed a load of bubbles. I assume the wheels were driven soft before i bought them. Shame throwing them away as they were like new
    Finally got around to taking out mushroom induction kit and refitting standard airbox

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Love it ,
    If them GTR's were concaved all round it would be epic!!! But as it is nice

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Wheels actually look pretty good on it. Much better than the crapy MV2s anyway!

Just to point out too that you mention you put the standard exhaust on until you fit the 328 manifold and exhaust.

The 328 exhaust from the center section back is an upgrade alright as it stays as a twin-pipe system rather than reducing to one on the 323 but the manifolds are exactly the same on all M52 engines regardless of size.

Unless you mean the 325 inlet manifold which is a big improvement with a remap?