Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Default SR quickshift Q's etc

Its crossed my mind to try reduce some of the gearstick wobble on my gearbox. Ive got poly engine and box mounts to go in and that should solve the jist of it but rather than going and buying the little bush on the end of the stick, and sticking to my route of ''if its broke, fix it and advance it'' i thought about the quickshift idea.

My thinking of them in a drift car would be a pig for selecting gears because they need to be so exact in place theres no flying the gearstick into gear and hunky dory! (no pun intended) but am i wrong? My views only come from minor experience of a quick shift setup on a car. So could someone with a bit of experience, and if so what reduced percentage in shift, free this up a bit please and thanks

And as regards makes and all, i see bloody seventy million different companies selling the same one that looks like a knock off of the b&m ones. Does it show in there quality and functionality and all that jazz

Regards
    Dec

Status
    User ID

Have a nismo short shifter in one of my own s14's and makes a much nicer job of it .Don't know how it would be for drifting as on my own one 5th is practically where 3rd should be so would take a bit more getting used to .

di Member
    Status
    User ID

i used a knock off b&m in my ps up untill i changed to 25 boxes, i never had any problems finding gears with it i have talked to lots of people who did have problems thow with all sorts of after market shifters,

i still have that one here if ya want it 40e

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboy s14 View Post
    Have a nismo short shifter in one of my own s14's and makes a much nicer job of it .Don't know how it would be for drifting as on my own one 5th is practically where 3rd should be so would take a bit more getting used to .
    That in particular i wouldn't really mind i won't be using 5th any time soon with the tracks in ireland unless i get a stupid low ratio diff
    But have you ever experienced anything else about them no?

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    i used a knock off b&m in my ps up untill i changed to 25 boxes, i never had any problems finding gears with it i have talked to lots of people who did have problems thow with all sorts of after market shifters,

i still have that one here if ya want it 40e
    I pm'd you on facebook gem im interested in the shifter and just wondering what problems have you heard anyone say about them?