Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Status
    User ID

Just my 2 cents ! you dont have hair gel or after shave on while doing it? ( silly i know but iv seen it a few times)

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by GTSr32 View Post
    Just my 2 cents ! you dont have hair gel or after shave on while doing it? ( silly i know but iv seen it a few times)
    Probably spunk it gets everywhere

Status
    User ID

Any Update on this?
    I agree with the Barcode Statement said early it will stop all if not most reactions/problems could be the most silliest of things causing this reaction like particles in the air or the room your spraying etc
    Hope you get this sorted

Status
    User ID

Just developed a few patches of these on my own car in lots of different spots. Noticed them during last wash, as they weren't there before. 2 years after it was resprayed as well. Any one know what might have caused this?

looks very like the image below except the paint is black/gunmetal.

Attached Images Attached Images

Status
    User ID

maybe some chemical reaction? did you use anything new/unusual in terms of products etc?

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    Just developed a few patches of these on my own car in lots of different spots. Noticed them during last wash, as they weren't there before. 2 years after it was resprayed as well. Any one know what might have caused this?

looks very like the image below except the paint is black/gunmetal.

that looks like micro-blistering. it happens when there's trapped moisture in the undercoat like primer. when they painted it there must have been moisture in the air line or if they wet sanded the primer and didn't let it dry properly, primer is porous so soaks in water.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaloney88 View Post
    that looks like micro-blistering. it happens when there's trapped moisture in the undercoat like primer. when they painted it there must have been moisture in the air line or if they wet sanded the primer and didn't let it dry properly, primer is porous so soaks in water.
    Thanks for the info! Is it normal for this to rear it's ugly head even 24 months after painting?

@Lady89: no haven't used any new chemicals, only ever washed with the same shampoo on all cars.

Anything that can be done for them short of a respray?.

Thanks

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    Thanks for the info! Is it normal for this to rear it's ugly head even 24 months after painting?

@Lady89: no haven't used any new chemicals, only ever washed with the same shampoo on all cars.

Anything that can be done for them short of a respray?.

Thanks

happened to my carina before, was at least a year or two after it was painted. the weather was cold over the winter and my complete wing and bonnet bubbled up like hell. nothing apart from a respray will cure it.

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

think the problem your having man is the meterial your spraying on to as u said the skirts cam out fine it was just the overs wat id do sand it back down while wearing latex gloves there are oils and greases in your fingers then rub down with de greaser then prime it then wet sand the primer smooth then dry and rub down with de greaser and paint also wat type of paint you using like solvent bases water based 2pk??? and last thing dont spray unless the temp in the room is at least 10 degrees