Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

New problem.........

I discovered that the tail lights wont work.
    The break lights work and the right indicator in the rear too. I switched fuses and checked if they were blown but all looked good.
    Afterwards only the break lights work, so no reverse, tail or indicator lights in the rear.

I assume its something with the fuses, no clue what to do.....oooooooh the joys

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID

Good Morning

Wrecked but happy!
    With a bit of help I got the lights-problem sorted (of course it was something small and stupid again) and I also fitted the bodykit.

Now only back in with the seat and carpet and off I go

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Awesome news, looking forward to seeing pictures

Status
    User ID

Default She is back!!!

Today I'm finally having a bit of time to actually sit down and write a little bit.

Where do I begin?

I pretty much kept this updated, so as you know i first had the problem that she wasn't running. My internet research brought me to the topic : Coilpacks and wiring but in the end it was only a small issue which i got sorted with Barts help (JDM Garage).

The wires and plug going into the CAS sensor were not in a good condition so we quick-fixed it but i will get that stuff replaced.

She was running…., I serviced her and she ran smooooooth as a baby. The oil that came out was surprisingly alright, which makes me belief the engine is in a good overall condition. I will get a compression test done as well to see what the story is.

A few days, before she was supposed to be out, i checked the lights and bulbs. as it was the easiest thing to do, i thought i do that at the end and assumed all was working, but how wrong I was haha.
    the only lights working were headlights, break lights and front indicators. That kinda put pressure onto me as i wanted her out and no way i drive without tail lights in the dark.
    and to have working indicators would be nice too

after talking to a few people and going through my 800+ manual (which by now i know pretty well ha) I came to the conclusion it must be the wires or fuses again.
    Honestly, electronics wreck my head!!! that's something i don't like to do at all.
    I then ended up checking all the fuses, even replacing some (in case they were blown but it wasn't visible).
    following all the wires in the car and searching for all the earth/grounding wires.
    it was such a pain, because nothing of that helped solving the problem. But at least i know now a lot more about my car, and that is my goal. Knowing EVERY single bolt and just EVERYTHING of my beloved S14

The whole "lights-not-working" thing seriously frustrated me. The first time since i own this car…i was close to just cry haha

Anyway.

Bart came to the rescue again and just as i thought…it was something simple and stupid.
    Problem fixed so!

The reverse lights are still not working but i will solve that soon due NCT coming up.

Right,so Thursday (that's when i got my tax disc) came up and what was left to do was the seats and carpet.
    The carpet is a different story now as I customize my own carpet.

Since it turned out to be way more difficult to put the seat rails on the Sparco Seats, we left it and I took off the rail from my own Recaro seat (that was in the S13 now) and put back on my own Recaro s14 rail to fit it back into Nessy.

That took us until 1 o clock in the morning, but it was done and I decided: fuck it,why not driving her home now and see what happens.

I had my tax disc already and insurance is sorted, NCT booked so the only thing now left was the test drive.

The test drive went all well (took it very handy), besides the pulling to the left. im not too worried about it, wheel alignment will be done shortly!
    Around 2am my other half and myself left the unit and funnily enough we met guards who pulled up besides us at the roundabout.
    not suspicious at all to find 2 modified and race-car-ish looking cars around that time on the road. hahahaha

all was fine though and i made it home without a problem.

Friday evening i joined a few buddies to come down to barts garage for a dyno run.
    I didn't want to get a dyno done in the first placed but quickly changed my mind about it.

After sorting another small issue, she was ready to go.
    I was a bit disappointed by the results but was told it could be, that the dyno itself wasn't set up properly.
    She made 225 HP, i was expecting at least around 235.

Anyway, nothing broke and i got great advise and help again, so all is well now.

In the beginning when i started driving her on the road, i was a bit wary and afraid something could break as she was parked up for a while but since the dyno run im more confident about her and she simply feels great.

ive noticed a small issue tho, but i will get to that another time. it doesn't affect the daily driving but i must look into it.

So the next thing(s) to do:

bad-ass alarm (needs to be fitted)
    Prepare her for NCT
    Get rails for the seats sorted
    finish interior, even tho this will be some kind of "long term project"
    get new coil packs (somehow i just want new ones haha)

and

ENJOYING THE RIDE

More pictures in my blog! (see sig)

Last edited by lady89; 17-02-15 at 15:23.
    Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Keeping good company

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Cars been in hibernation so long you'd almost forget how good it looks! Nice job on the spraying it looks to match pretty well! Ill keep an eye out for a vertex front bumper if your still lookin.
    Good job!

Status
    User ID

Thanks Declan
    the paint match is actually 100%, i forgot to ask about the paint code but at some point she will be resprayed anyway (different color)

I might as well keep the front one i have now, surprised how alright it looks and everybody seems to really love it too

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID

Looks very well, fair play.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I think Stevo had a vertex bumper for 190euro the other day. Not 100% sure. But having seen this in person, I wouldn't change the bodykit one bit

Status
    User ID

I defo won't get a Vertex front bumper for now Unless it's 50 quid ha

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog