Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: c250td project

Status
    User ID

cool man. keep up the good work.

Status
    User ID

cheers eoin

finaly have it back on 4 wheels and moving again, took most of this moring to get it moving without tearing the rear tyres to bits, but as hard as i can drive it now it doesnt touch the tyres, few photos as it sits, still in need of a wash

and the handbrake is locking up now aswell, both wheels lock solid and straight away, and have the breather system back on it again so no more oil flying about the enginebay

Last edited by Rickye; 18-07-14 at 15:09.

Status
    User ID

my turbo and pump have arrived, a gt35 and a manual pump off a om602, waiting for the bits to get the pump built

so as off friday it is off the road, have an old xsara estate to run about in, means i can now get this thing built without worrying about driving it everyday, will be entering ni drift ama next year

Status
    User ID

have got abit more done to this recently, now have it fully striped inside, wiring and all is gone, going to wire in just what is needed, as its goin back to a manual pump it wont need alot, also got the turbo mounted today, its a tight squeeze in there

going to be starting on some of the wiring this week, going to make a new loom for it as it seems the easiest way todo it

Status
    User ID

finaly got abit more done, have the manifold adaptor completely finished, going to skim both flanges in work, also have the egt sensor fitted, downpipe is started, but cant go any further until i get the standard exhaust off, and have the oil feed pipe done

fuel pump is very nearly finished, hope to get it mounted over the christmas holidays, also got a intercooler, it was cheap so will do untill i get a bigger one

Status
    User ID

its about time i updated this

finaly got the car built, lot of boring stuff, wiring and all dont need photos of that, entered the ni drift ama last year, round 1 went better than expected with a slipping clutch and barely a handbrake managed to qualify, first ever battle and lost it, no surprise there though

so after the first round i managed to piece together bits of clutches from other cars, and got it to hold. Took it out for a test the weekend before round 2, came back home from it happy the clutch would hold and it did. Also in that week i sorted out abit of extra lock and camber, car handled alot better at the front. Also put a 6 speed box into it along with the clutch, massive improvement over the c250's standard box

round 2 i managed to quaify 24th. Considering i missed the saturday practice day due to the car not being ready i was happy. didnt have to battle for the last 8 places in top 32. But on my lead run in top 32 i had a puncture, ran to wide and got knocked out.

love that photo from round 2 but

So for round 3 i decided id go all out and sorted a very loose rear end, now consists of a fully rose jointed rear and grips really well, which did catch me out at round 3's practice day

sandblasted sub frame thanks to my sponser TJC powder coating

all painted

and all back into the car

i also had a slight problem with a rotten front spring mount, thats sorted and both sides are now strengthed

then onto the practice day for round 3. It didnt go to plan. On my third run out i clipped a wall with the back end, smashed a tail light and abit of a dent, nothing to major, the last run i got was the last for a good reason. When chasing i was to close at the wrong time, when he transision'd he cliped my front wing and i met the wall again, head on in 3rd gear this time, my fault though.

Damage looked worse than it was, Burst oil cooler, broke a bottom arm and bent a wing badly, few mates, the ole boy and me worked to 11 that night and went back out on sunday. It pissed down with rain in qualifying, big turbo(and a big lack of skill) meant i didnt qualify, but was still good fun.

Then with round 4 coming up at the end of the month and a bent front end, nothing else for it but cut it all off and start again

yeh so its abit shorter and getting a bash bar

and how it sits now just waiting to be welded back together

got it all back together, clutch is now holding in 4th, with a 3.1:1 diff and rose jointed rear i think it will do, and front end looks alot tidier than before

have done other bits and pieces but no photos.

also a couple of videos, first is from round 1 practice day against a supercharged 323, second is from round 2 and was my best qualifying run, gearing was to short but live and learn

After round 4 took the car to a local track the follow week, no oil cooler and didnt change oil, it run the bottom end, the old engine done well for 220k miles, so the car is now stripped completely and on a spit, alot of changes to be made and probaly miss most of this year, including a fully rebuilt engine, proper manifold and hopefully a good bit less lag

because lag is killer

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Cool build,nice to see something a bit different.