Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Status
    User ID

It's verrryyyy shiny Dave! It should be completed Friday or Saturday and be sure of it I'll pepper the net with pictures!

Status
    User ID

Here we go;

I'm pretty happy. The colour is different, deeper, and even more metallic in the eye. Its mental, it changes colour in every different lighting situation. 4/10 people that came up to see the car in the last two days asked me who painted it. Its a real good job.

Big thanks to Laimonas at LM Autostyling. He is AWESOME! Anyone want anything wrapped, window tint, carbon wrapped, vinyl graphics etc, contact me, or find him on Facebook @ LM Autostyling or call him on 0857742036. Attention to detail is nuts, only the best quality wrap vinyl and customer service is unreal.

Status
    User ID

Unreal man!

Status
    User ID

Looks savage man! I'd say your delighted now after all the hard work! Are you going to raise the front a bit or lower the rear or rock the reverse rake?

Status
    User ID

Thanks men! The tracking is still off in the back and front, and its raised unevenly. Once I track it all correctly, and play with the right tyre sizes, it should sit sweetly all round. I love the staggered 18/17'' look as well, dont know why. Just does it for me. Kit has still to be fitted properly, bumper bar made up, headlights aligned, wing brackets made to pull them a little more and also the underbody kit. Still not the finished product. Loads to do!

Status
    User ID

Fair play! Looking forward to seeing the finished product anyway! Have you a deadline in mind?

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

looks great man only thing throwing me is front to rear wheel fitment

Status
    User ID

Fair play for bring it back.. looks great!!

Status
    User ID

How the men! Havent been on this in a while. Probably cause that finger just cant seem to come out of my arse again. Heres an update of anything that has gone on since the wrap.

Basically it left my unit after the wrap, to go back to Tom in Mad Racing here in Waterford to finally put a big push on and finish it. I needed a lot of stupid little stuff done, stuff you couldnt see but i knew was wrong with it. We literally made a list and stuck it to the car. A LIST.

A LIST! It had a lot of stuff on it.

50mm spacers were a must to sort out that front fitment

picked up a glitter back low max and bride rail

interior essentials

crash bar made up and fitted so that the only way to take off the front bumper is two cable ties and its solid out, god love anyone i shunt! haha (ft neons underneath)

Diffuser fitted. I liked this one from the TyreHangar Components guys, I wanted something back there, but not too aggressive, I wanted a subtle diffuser, if there was ever such a thing. Watch the attention to detail Tom went to fitting this, its crazy......

Tidy work!

Some shpiiiiikey wheel studs, gonna custom make some centre caps to tidy that shit up.

Japspeed twin fans wired to a switch

Almost bought a pair of vskfs, offset was desperate so didnt bother, looks badass though.

Fitted some nice little set of fibreglass side steps I also got from the TyreHangar components lads. Just an inch, nice and simple. Im a sucker for detailed things.

If anyone is looking for any work done around the south, I highly reccomend Tom at mad racing. Hes been going years, and the newer younger generation dont really seem to know about him. The experience he has is insane. The work is top quality, and hes absolutely anal about doing it the right and best way, with everything. Hats off to him, hes done some work on this car and it stands to it.

Fitted some front Canards, and also finally sourced a set of front bumper indicators. Thanks Petko, u d man. Got some shpiiiikey bumper quick release also to go with all the shpiiikey bits. Gonna tear the legs off some aul one in a car park some day.

With all that done, and the big push on to get it finished, I thought it was only fitting to bring it along to the Juicebox BBQ seen as I was invited anyway. Unfortunately the car has decided to go on a mad one. When boosting, its like a fuel or boost cut, and lags and jumps, and when you come off boost it dies. The GTR Fuel pump started whining like a bitch and was dropping fuel pressure so I presumed it was that, and replaced it with a brand new Walbro 255 from Dave Lee at JdmDistro. Nah. No joy. I reckon its something to do with the map. Unfortunately, just as you think youre done, youre never done. It aggrivated us so much, we fucked it on the trailer and dropped it over the road to the BBQ anyway. Wouldnt let it ruin our fun. So heres a few pictures;

Rocked the wave bonnet just for the sake of showing it off, also made the Speedhunters craic. Good stuff.

So thats this update. Get a passenger seat, fix a leaky caliper and time to get it on the road. Let me know what ye think!

Status
    User ID

its some machine and ive fallen in love with it. it just needs to see road now and you to enjoy it! some sunny day when its ready youll take a drive and youll forget all the stress its caused, then get pulled by some garda who things its a fucking fighter jet! : ))