Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default S14a Project Rebuild

So the jap bug has been biting at me the past year, and I was saving up to find the right car when I had the money. But a little friend of mine had this 14 sitting in his drive 3 years and drove it about 6 times, not even knowing what he had sitting outside the door, "just liked the power" and "liked the look of jap cars". People constantly knocked on his door asking to buy it, offering him 3-4.5k knowing it was worth even more in parts alone. He wouldn't take any sort of offers for it and made it clear to everyone he wasn't selling it. Eventually people got tired of seeing this car parked up in the drive and actually tried to steal it. It was broken into 3-4 times, completely messing up the wiring underneath the steering wheel and ripping the seals off the passenger door. He eventually got sick of this, and had a little run-in with the law for other reasons, and coming up to xmas I finally made him a ridiculously low offer dreaming he'd say yes, knowing he'd need the money. And with a little haggling, I got it for my offer. Lets just say, an offer you'd make for the wheels alone. So here it is the night I picked it up, in with @benkouki's 180sx project.

Getting trailered away...

The typical Irish moss came free....

Trying to make heads or tails of that pesky wiring...

With a little elbow grease, the white respray on it came up quite well....

Ben's 180 finally has a younger brother to keep him company...

Clean...

Love the back of this...

Those ganadors...

Them arches... Threw on some 11J Viennas for the craic...

Whats quite cool is the side skirts are actually flushed into the door sills...

Threw in new plugs, changed the oils and filters, new battery and she started up fine for sitting up three years. I had already said from the start that no matter what condition the engine was in, that I'd definitely rebuild it as I like getting things done right. But what decided that for me was when we heard a rattle in the bottom end. So thats in my January plans, along with tidying up the minor rust in the engine bay and respraying it.

Here's where things get strange, people were talking on another thread saying its stroker and it used to be red and it was always white, came from Thurles and Charleville etc. etc. But someone dropped a little bomb on me, and showed me how this car used to look. In a way I'm dissappointed some brainless person done this, but I'm also delighted as it devalued it so much I got it for so little money. But here it is in all its glory roughly back in 2007. My long term plan is to see if I can get it back somewhat close to how good it used to be..... So stay tuned!

Always heard of story's about this car off Neil. Pretty amazing alright. Best if luck with it man all the more money for parts

"helmet and a pair of balls" markII-90

Status
    User ID

Great Find man,
    Nice to see !
    Best of luck !

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Savage when it was red.. Who's doing the rebuild for ya?

Status
    User ID

It was in thurles alright . Gutted I didnt get my hands on it . Well ware bud nice project

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Well wear with it robbo

mossyhennebry a.k.a. ross

Status
    User ID

Very nice car! I'm very jelous i must say

Status
    User ID

awesome find! good luck with the re-build. can't wait to see it in the future!

"Keep Drifting Fun"

Status
    User ID

So myself and 7 other of my mates have finally sourced our own unit to work out of in a business park in Waterford in the past couple of days. Couple of track cars and Two 180sx will be thrown in there too, one being @benkouki's. There really was no stopping us and we got straight down to business the night we got the cars in there.

Last daylight she will see for a while!

Transport...

14a's look very aggressive looking with no front bumper...

Kept the daily dry too

So once we got in there, I got down to work straight away. Front end off and start pottering away at taking it apart....

Tracing all this crazy wiring was my biggest problem, I'd say i traced about 50% of it back. There's some crazy hid kit, strobes, neon underglow kit, then the boost controller and other little bits and pieces thrown in. Because it was broken into before, there was a good few home made switches thrown here and there. So that was a bit of a nightmare tracing those...

Pretty cool I thought

And heres my progress in the past two evenings work, getting a crane on Wednesday so shes ready to be lifted then. As soon as thats out ill be prepping the engine bay myself and sending it to be sprayed. Whilst thats being sprayed ill be sourcing an engine to go straight back in. Bay is not too shabby all the same for a car thats been parked up three years!

Status
    User ID

good job man, was a nice find