Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default 180sx rear calipers

How's it goin lads any one in dublin or close got rear calipers to suit a 4 stud 180 ? Went for a spin in the car last night an I think one is stuck not 100% sure though till I have a proper look tomoro

We can't stop here this is bat country

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Have a pair in wickow

Status
    User ID

have a pair in meath

Status
    User ID

Pms sent

We can't stop here this is bat country

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Pms sent
    Sure take off the caliper pop out the piston sand off any surface rust around it, pop it back in, grease up your sliding pins with copper grease and away ya go, at least you know what you have rather then not knowin what your buyin.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gary g View Post
    Sure take off the caliper pop out the piston sand off any surface rust around it, pop it back in, grease up your sliding pins with copper grease and away ya go, at least you know what you have rather then not knowin what your buyin.
    Sand the pistons ? And copper grease on the pins? Well that is a stupid advice if i ever heard 1 !

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by pepsterx View Post
    Sand the pistons ? And copper grease on the pins? Well that is a stupid advice if i ever heard 1 !

Why?

Works fine if they are not fucked completely

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I have a very low mileage (58k km) pair there with good pads in them. I'm in Cork.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by pepsterx View Post
    Whats wrong with greasing the pins ive done it on many of cars and its works brillant. And when I say sand the piston I dont mean sand it with heavy sand paper, more so very fine paper just to polish it up and get rid of any surface rust, dont see a problem with that especially when hes taking the caliper of anyway to replace it why not give it a go , if it doesnt work out then he can go with the original plan and get another caliper. No harm in tryin and hel gain experience in the process, just tryin to help the man out like.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gary g View Post
    Whats wrong with greasing the pins ive done it on many of cars and its works brillant. And when I say sand the piston I dont mean sand it with heavy sand paper, more so very fine paper just to polish it up and get rid of any surface rust, dont see a problem with that especially when hes taking the caliper of anyway to replace it why not give it a go , if it doesnt work out then he can go with the original plan and get another caliper. No harm in tryin and hel gain experience in the process, just tryin to help the man out like.
    Right if you want to do this take ''Autosol'' matal polisher and do the pistons with that if any pitting is left after it trow it out! And as for the pins never ever use copper grease but white grease and if you don't have any ordinnary grease will do. Copper grease becomes like paste after a while. This is why i comented that way !!!