Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam's k's ps13

Status
    User ID

So 6 months since the last update . A entertaining one ha

I paid 3,000 for stupid vrt and got it registered and in the road . Car was a dream on the road

So that went well . For 3 days and then bang

So I decided I was going to go all out and build a sr22vet . Sourcing a ve head was proving to be difficult so in the end I bought a full vzr broke the car and got the head.

I then changed my mind once more and I sold that head on and I finally went proper and got a new stove for my baby once and for all

A nice 1jz vvti .. My plans are to run 500 hp / 500flbs through it .

At the moment I'm thinking 6boost manifold
    Precision 5858 ball bearing turbo
    Downpipe and catback just custom
    Sard 550cc

I still have to buy my transmission but I will be using a 350z z33 cd009 6speed box . Very closely ratio to the supra box
    And I will be using a Collins adapter plate and clutch
    Ecu wise I'm not sure yet prob haltech or something

At the moment I'm changing timing belt . Water pump . Can deals . Rocket gaskets and crank seals . I'm also toying with getting a 2jz oil pump . There just slightly bigger and flow a touch more ..

At the moment I won't be spending to much money on it as I've a little boy arriving due February but I do have a lot of money saved up to spend it on it but I'd say I won't concentrate on it till Jan 2017 . I'm sure I'll get it into the ps13 with the gearbox and have it running standard turbo but it won't see road till I've my own mods complete and I'm happy power etc ..

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Serious amount of dedication going into this man. I abandoned my 2jz swap idea simply because of the money and time it needed compared to the end reward that i'd get out of it. I daily my cars and although i have access to my wife's car, I take the s-bodies 9 out of 10 times, rain, hail or snow. I had forgotten how much fun a simple sr20det with almost standard power was.

I'm gutted about what happened to your sr setup. All that blood and sweat only to get a few more tears This is shaping up to be one of the best PS13s i've ever seen though, so can't wait to see what happens next.

Status
    User ID

Fuck 3k for vrt! Your heart must be broke for it to have blown the engine then! Was that for all the late fines accrued? You might be able to appeal it showing pictures that you were restoring it and that it was unroadworthy. I don't know how true that was but I've heard of people doing it with success on backroads.ie forum. Might be worth looking into.

Best of luck with the 1jz build and congrats on the baby!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I have followed this thread all along and absolutely love everything about this car. I have a sil80 that i have built from the ground up also, but is no where near the standard of this. I have been bitten by the JZ bug as well and have recently bought a 1j from a friend and have been looking at gearbox ideas. I am going to sell my engine and box as its running perfect at the minute. I have not found a lot of information regarding the cd009 box in a s-body for things like the shifter location etc, any recommendations/findings? One last thing that i am curious about, why have you opted for the vvti over the non-vvti? some people maintain that they are very very difficult to get running in a s-body road car.
    Are you going making your own mounts?

Status
    User ID

So I had a baby in January 2016 and I put this thing on hold for a while .. now that it's 2017 we're ready to go again

I sold the 1jz in favour for a sr20 set up to get it back running. I never bought the sr and went and got another 1jz vvti

I got a set of bc coilovers and dropped it a little and bought a a-5 dash and began to start getting it fitted

I also put a deposit on a cd009 350z box so I'll get that soon

I also soureced a oem grille for it which I feels suits alot better and split the headlights and sprayed the fog buckets

Last edited by adam 9; 09-01-17 at 06:23.

Status
    User ID

Looks awesome man!!!

Status
    User ID

Took delivery of the box today .. few more trick parts in the post too

Status
    User ID

How many engines have you bought for it??🙈 serious dedication sticking at it Adam. Gona be one the best when it's finished

Status
    User ID

it looks like loads but it was a sr16ve head and 2x 1jz vvti ha

ok so pulling the finger out of my hole the last few weeks

just a shot of the good stuff with a magnetic greddy sump lug

chopped the traction control off the throttle body ive got a aluminium 90 degree bend in the post ill weld it on the tb instead, and decided to completely by pass coolant away from the throttle body .
    as you can see I just made a an6 loop from the front water feed to the back
    also got the rail an fittings

just going to let it sit along here and as I am going to rework the standard loom , usually its a big piece of plastic here
    im also deleting the iacv so I have a nice billet block off plate coming for that too

just trying to mock up the fuel pipes and see what I can use from the sr20 setup I had, ill most likely buy all new an6 hose and do the whole lot fresh

pulled it out of the shed and gave the bay a power wash , was destroyed from a hicas leak I had when I bought it

started removing the master cylinders and all the in bay steel brake pipes as ill be changing to an3 Teflon chase bays stuff, also took off the power steering hard lines there also going to be custom braided, im in two minds to get the bay sprayed while its stripped. also removed all the loom so im now going to start into splicing and making my own loom for starter solenoid etc for the jz

my Collins adapter kit arrived after, savage machining on it , just went to local place and got some Allen bolts, ordered the line up dowels for the box off Nissan as it doesn't have any and I don't want all the stress on the box and I want it 100% centred

got my chase bays s13 1jz to cd009 braided clutch line

just waiting patiently now

took into the loom

so far ive deleted the traction control, fuel evap solenoid, boost solenoid few more I cant think of but basically reducing the loom drastically
    all the interior powers from the fuse box etc. im only halfway there with it

so far

its crying to be fixed, its has 215/50 rear tyres and 215/40 front im going to buy 4x 215/45 westlakes hopefully rises the front bumper but fills arch gap a little

at the minute im just waiting on my xcessive engine mount brackets, solid rubber mounts, and other little bits like rays wheel nuts.
    im guessing maybe 10-12 weeks should have it done.

I have the front pulled off it now waiting to fit the engine and I can mock up intercooler pipes etc

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

The bay already looks great! did you have much hassle getting the engine out without taking off the whole front?