Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Question how get s14 power steering pump out?

As the title says...pump is kinda leaking (small amount, like a few drops every now and then)

free'd as much as i could today and took of that top bold which caused that all the power steering oil drained out, is that ok that way?
    u can see it on the pic

anyway, want to get it out to check if i need a new one, but cant find a way how?
    do i have to take off the belt thingy first in front of it? tried already but gave up and decided i ask for tips first ha

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

di Member
    Status
    User ID

its very easy loosen the 12mm hed bolt you can see in that pic then there is 14mm nut on that down further take it off and then turn the front pully untill one of the 2 slots line up with the 14mm headed bolt tke it out fully and pump comes off,

are you 100% sure its the pump thats leaking the feed pipe from the resivor bottle can split at the ends and leak or the return from the rack to the bottle aswell

Status
    User ID

so i dont have to touch that big 19mm one?
    sounds easy enough ao, thanks!

yeah im not sure but i think so as the back of the pump (when i put the fingers around it) is full of the oil stuff...i will check the pipes too! thanks again!

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog