Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Cool IDC Round 4 Aftermath

Soooooooo, what did everyone think of the weekend?

From my eyes round 4 was just plain awesome. The track layout, again different from previous years was brilliant and came to me on my 2nd lap on Saturday. After that i qualified 2nd and after some good battles managed to finish 5th overall which was a great achievement considering the unbelievable drivers Saturday had.
    So onto sunday, practice was going well, got my line and had more in me but with 10 minutes to go until qualifying, i lost all clutch peddle. Found that the bleed nipple was loose and we had lost fluid and drawn air so bled it as much as possible but no joy and i did my 2 qualifiers with 0 clutch, which was interesting. Needless to say i did not make the top 16 but i sure tried.......A MASSIVE thanks to the best crew ever, Niall Mc, Coakley, Fiona, Eoin, Foldey, Pat Mc and more epic helpers Alan o neill and holly and Milo & Townie for letting me do the strangest start line take off ever And anyone else who helped the weekend, sorry if i forgot you.

Huge congrats to Daryl, Alan and Chris on Saturday for the poduims and to Phil Suffin who drove unreal. And to James "The Machine" Deane for yesterdays win, Alan Lenihan for an awesome second and Brian Egan for the most deserved podium of the weekend.

Also Duane Mckeever is a fucking legend, his chase runs this year are unbelievable.

Lastly, thanks to my sponsors, Clonakilty Car Centre, Pats Low Cost Fuels, AJ's Tyres, AJ's Works & FW Photography, really cant thank ye all enough!!!

http://www.clonakiltycarcentre.com/
    http://www.ajstyres.ie/en/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-W...483522?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pats-...841251?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/fiwysephotography?fref=ts

Roll on Round 5.

TEAM MANFOOT

Status
    User ID

Well I'd an amazing weekend as well! I had my doubts about the layout when I first saw it, that I might struggle for power up the hill after the judges tower. But couldn't have been more wrong. From about the 2nd lap I knew I had a chance over the weekend. It was perfect for 3rd gear in my car, with only a bit of limiter abuse. No gear changes meant no usual fuck up from me (although I still managed to go into 5th against James lol).

I got my usual bazillion practice laps as other people changed tyres and fixed their cars, and was by the end of it very happy in the dry.

And thats basically the way it went. When it was dry I was very confident to lead or chase and give it a good go against anyone. When it rained in practice or superlap I was back to being shit.

To get my first podium, and to battle James for the first time, as well as finally get revenge on my nemesis Gavin Lenihan (the only guy to beat me twice so far) was all a brilliant experience, and still buzzing from it!

If nothing else drifting this year in Ireland has been a bit strange. For all the craziness that the car levels have got to, and mental wide and formula D spec tyres now getting used. The last round Stephen Harte won semi-pro in about a 160bhp car. Daryl Barnett is doing amazing things in a relatively budget spec car. And I finally put my classic EOS 86 chassis back on the podium with 250bhp, 205/50 15 tyres, 7 yr old basic suspension, and only 4 tyres used all weekend. After getting 200 quid for 3rd I pretty much nearly broke even for the event lol! So the days of the low budget, low horsepower car aren't quite over just yet I think!!

Semi-pro and team drift were jaw dropping as per usual. The doyles are definately my heros of the year. Raw talent!!

X3 Had a great weekend, a lot of heartbreak, blood sweat and tears have gone into making a round this year for us, but on our 3rd engine we made it to Round 4!! And i really have to say the car handles and preforms better than we imagined it would on its first outing!

Saturday we got 3 practice laps, due to bad tires we called it a day, fresh up Sunday morning new tires and 3 practice runs we were ready for qualifying.. This weekend was only a testing for us to get the car how we wanted it and certainly was not expecting to make top 16 due to the talent of drivers this year and it being our first proper testing. We got 3rd overall in qualifying.. Happy Days!!

Superlap came and we had minor wiring issues.. car just decided to cut out.. which left us in 14th and against Shane O Sullivan in top 16, I knew Shane was very consistent this year with podium finished etc.. so it was going to be a good battle, we advanced to top 8 against Alan and had the same wiring problem, called the 5 min rule and John Shanahan ran over to help sort it out, made it back to the line but with a ZERO on run1 we couldn't advance any further.

Overall: Delighted with the new car, excited about Round 5.

Well done to Kieran Hynes on the layout of the track it was excellent!! Sarah and staff for organizing a brilliant weekend! Dave Egan for mastering the mic as always!!

Big Thanks to all my friends who helped make this happen before and during the event you know who you are, my partner Emma for all the hard work and late nights building our car,
    Our Sponsors: Japanese Performance, TDP.ie, Driftkits.eu, Rallyshop.ie, Drive N Style.

CONGRATS to Daryl Barnett on winning Saturdays event, and James Deane on winning the Championship.

The Driving this year has gone through the roof!! Semi-pro's too many to list but everyone gave it there all and very impressive to watch! Jack Shanahan was very unlucky too, great pilot and will go far!

Pro's: Glad to see Brian Egan up there on the podium, one of many for this man! good to see paul murphy back and unlucky for Duane, but we will see you all in Mondello next month