Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Its not about one or the other its just whether to put the money into the drifter to have it run bigger power or to keep it as is and have a road car aswell...balls

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    about d1 etc, yes, i think id prefer to watch them. Its in a completely differant league that no normal person could compete in due to money, but theres variety, and interesting looks and mods etc, none of which i can even think off in prodrift Irl. But they have all the needs for all the poorer drifters over there, as we can see with the likes of the riskydevil boys, endless tracks and trackdays, AND badass cars, winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    holy shit, this is old! so old that my posts dont even make sense to me anymore !
    You're right there Peter. You even thought the Risky Devil crew were in Japan rather than Chi town lol!

Was gonna word my view on this topic, but I'm too hung over and too lazy....

Status
    User ID

This thread is confusing the shit out of me I've read it over and over and i cant understand what point your trying to make twinky?

If your trying to say that you'd love Ireland to still be at the "grass roots" stage of drifting thats just crazy man... It was great but i wouldnt wanna step back to that... Drifting has come on leaps and bounds here and we should be thankful for it...

If it wasnt for prodrift we'd prob still be prickin around on that kart track in rosegreen..

I dunno, now im just waffling Just havent a clue what your tryin to say

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    This thread is confusing the shit out of me I've read it over and over and i cant understand what point your trying to make twinky?

If your trying to say that you'd love Ireland to still be at the "grass roots" stage of drifting thats just crazy man... It was great but i wouldnt wanna step back to that... Drifting has come on leaps and bounds here and we should be thankful for it...

If it wasnt for prodrift we'd prob still be prickin around on that kart track in rosegreen..

I dunno, now im just waffling Just havent a clue what your tryin to say

Im tryna say although i know DRIFTING as a sport has to get bigger and bigger but i dont like to see it steer away from its origins and just be exploited from it commerce if you understand..

btw @ queley..Im not preaching im putting my thought to the site for discussion,people seem to forget what things are even invented for in the 1st place after some time.

Status
    User ID

Read bits of this theres alot of bollix in it so here's my 2c, think drifting needs (like it or not) to be commercial, its the big commercial aspect money sponsors ect in d1sl FD D1 ect that get it out there for the world to see, if its to get proper recognition (repect)it needs big company's rocking in behind it, PD UDC ect over here if offered would rip sumones arm off to get sum sponsors like the series in japland and the US...

UDC and PD ftw tho

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    PD UDC ect over here if offered would rip sumones arm off to get sum sponsors like the series in japland and the US...
    and they did last year. how many times did you here "Need For Speed" at PD events last year???

all for the good of the sport

Quote Originally Posted by 200sx View Post
    This site is made up off a majority off absolute wank bags,and im sure im one off them from some peoples point off views,all nice fellas in person,but just a bit off a keyboard braveheart.....Thats the way this site is plain and simple,either like it,or sling your hook!!!

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

This is a confusing thread

i think what you need to say twinky is that you prefer the grass roots scene and you dont like the pro scene, job done

just remember tho that if drifting really stuck to it root only it would be just happening in the mountains in Japan and none of us would no about it

its the pro scene that has spread drifting all over the world and we should be dam glad of it

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by D McNamara View Post
    This is a confusing thread

i think what you need to say twinky is that you prefer the grass roots scene and you dont like the pro scene, job done

just remember tho that if drifting really stuck to it root only it would be just happening in the mountains in Japan and none of us would no about it

its the pro scene that has spread drifting all over the world and we should be dam glad of it
    Yeh thats what i said but more complicated

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I dont think he's saying he doesnt like the pro scene but the fact that,going back to the start of the thread, D1 used to be so looked up to and people would look to that to see how it was run,how points weere scored,the cars,the technology,but now it just seems to be about money.
    The show aspect and the big name brands looking for advertising space has left the true aspect of the sport fall into the background.
    Anyone would be up for seeing a sport they love,whether a competitor or not, to come on leaps and bounds and advance with the years but for it to remain a success it has to keep the right things at the forefront,i.e the drifting and not the money making ability of putting on a crap "show"

^^what hachihead said but i dont think hes sayin it as fact hes puttin it out there for discussion hence the question marks on the thread title?? Askin for peoples opinions yknow.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]