Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Great weekend, weather was a bit muck but hey sure what can you do!

Here are some pics for you to perv over

_DSC9431 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC9203 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC9147 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC9135 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8837 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8781 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8749 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8700 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8554 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8424 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC9341 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC9279 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8894 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8290 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC8081 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC7342 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC7314 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC7171 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC7165 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

_DSC6969 copy by e30chick, on Flickr

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=95d4d13203

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    I think you've been watching too many Formula D events and playing too much Forza. In what sense do you consider it a shit track? In my mind it was quite a good track and although it is a small track, it did appear to be quite a challenging one for the drivers at that. I don't think it is fair to say that IDC are only there for the money, like the guys have said, it has been on the roster for a long time so it's no different from Punchestown etc. If you were to remove Ennis from the season, what would you put in it's place? Tynagh? As far as spectating goes I wouldn't consider Tynagh to be exactly great unless you are Media, after Tynagh I'm out of ideas for a track out west. IDC uses Clare Marts in Ennis for one of its events because #1 It is able to get permission to use that location and more importantly #2 so that fans of the IDC series that live in the West don't always have to travel to the other side of the country to see the event. You also need to realise that IDC stands for Irish Drift Championship i.e. it is a primarily a motorsport competition, spectators second. I think in all fairness until you realise what really makes a good and a bad motorsport event, you and your buzzer-mobile Glanza should stick to Shlabfest and BooStancers.

I was there on Saturday and really enjoyed it. My Personal Two Cents
    iv never played forza and i dont watch formula d,
    why cant i give my two cents on the track without you comin out insulting my car?buzzer mobile that is good alright
    i think this was my third time there and i have gone to all the rounds i could over the years so i think i know if its a good event or not.
    would it be goin ahead without spectators???
    its an unreal rough track and what with walls everywhere why do you have to be a serious driver to have any chance of comin out without having broke up your car,its already expensive enough for drivers
    and just to add iv never been to a schlabfest

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Walls are awesome!! You want loads of run off, go to the UK!

TEAM MANFOOT

di Member
    Status
    User ID

ya what happened citywest from what i can remember it was a savage track.. i was there sunday afternoon really enjoyed it. dont think there is another track in ireland that you get that close to the cars while drifting.. fair play to all who took part. and my openion and highlight was fitzy FAIR PLAY.

Status
    User ID

irish drivers are known for rubbing walls and how do u think idc are going to pay for the mart to be redone they dont own the car park so why should they spend the money the track is good the way it is and as everyone has said it gives the underpowered/ n/a cars a chance

My signature picture was fricking huge - Admin

click the image to see my facebook page

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by krustyep91 View Post
    iv never played forza and i dont watch formula d,
    why cant i give my two cents on the track without you comin out insulting my car?buzzer mobile that is good alright
    i think this was my third time there and i have gone to all the rounds i could over the years so i think i know if its a good event or not.
    would it be goin ahead without spectators???
    its an unreal rough track and what with walls everywhere why do you have to be a serious driver to have any chance of comin out without having broke up your car,its already expensive enough for drivers
    and just to add iv never been to a schlabfest
    How can any sport go ahead without spectators, in case you didnt realise IDC have massive overheads to hold each event e.g Insurance,premises rent etc.....
    And its a Championship the whole point of it is for drivers to push hard and rub walls and entertain the crowd, rubbing walls is part of the Drifting I say well done IDC for even making it happen at all!

its not low enough!
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_g View Post
    Lol the English and there sense of safety !!! Quars!!!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by tezdude View Post
    How can any sport go ahead without spectators, in case you didnt realise IDC have massive overheads to hold each event e.g Insurance,premises rent etc.....
    And its a Championship the whole point of it is for drivers to push hard and rub walls and entertain the crowd, rubbing walls is part of the Drifting I say well done IDC for even making it happen at all!
    i like the wall rubbin aswel just didnt like the track thats it,loads of people i talked said its not a good track..drivers included.overheads ye right id say they well cover there costs every round,driver entries,spectater entry,ikc,prodrift hoodies even tho its now idc

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_g View Post
    Wheres the like button??

I had an awesome day Sunday apart from having the worst hangover ever and getting soaked ta my ballsack within the first 5minutes of arriving. Cheers ta D-turbo-ginger-lad for the lift down.....rattly bag of shite :P

I love Ennis. Apart from it being so close ta home and being a quick spin down the road, its so different from them other tracks like Mondello and Punchestown that I usually get ta. Its seems ta be more about the technicality instead of the balls out speed, as could be seen on Sunday with the difference is grip levels after clip2, caught so many drivers out. Also how often do ya get ta be so close to a 6oobhp monster rubbing a wall?? Not many tracks in the world let ya do that...be gratefull for it.

Lads on the mic's did a serious job. Could hear ye a lot better than Mondello and really made the difference when explaining their decisions for scoring in battles, I feel a lot of spectators learn a lot more when ye can hear why ye picked whoever ye picked.

Lastly who where the ledgends with the couch on the roof of the van??

Ennis 4life.....#bebostunnaz2k13

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by NoelB View Post
    Lastly who where the ledgends with the couch on the roof of the van?
    Robert Rohu & Mick Barry

TEAM MANFOOT