Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by abceire View Post
    What would you like to see done to improve it? Or make it better?
    maybe the place to be re tarmaced and to run the track the opposit way i also found in the last two years the track wasnt as wide and there is loads of space to the side of the track to make it wider and more intresting i also found that i headed in about two o clock as ime local and the gap after the super lap was way too long and i was bored out i aloso understand though that the drivers do need a break though so its unavoidable my two cent any way

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Nothing wrong with Ennis. Unfortunately this country has fuck all tracks and PD/IDC do what they can with what they have. I usually go well in ennis but couldn't get my head around it this weekend as Kieran had changed it again and THIS is what makes the Irish the best in the world, he keeps us on our toes.

Hero of the weekend was Stephen Harte, what a man Loved every minute of his driving. Felt bad for Paul & Ian Stryker but it was some lap before the crash!!

Mike fitz was awesome all weekend, really happy to see him going well and the car performing.

My own weekend was shite. Qualified 32 by the skin on my balls, .1 of a point in (Sorry Tom)!! Was paired against Jack Shanahan but i really did not go down easy After 2 runs we were awarded a one more time and on the first run chasing down Jack i spun on entry after going in too hard!!! But really enjoyed battling with him.......when we were back in the pits and shaking hands he says "I hit the wall, my dad is gonna kill me", made me laugh ha ha good man Jack!!

Sat night was drunken.......Tom Murphy is a ledger!! Green tea was tasty!!! Hedge hopping was also fun although i lost the OMT!! Roll on Cork, i have some unfinished business with that place!

TEAM MANFOOT

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I had an awesome weekend!

Track was tricky in the wet but once it dried up it was great fun and I somehow managed to qualify even though I was all over the place in practice?!

The Auburn Lodge was hopping and Queens was great craic and it was great to catch up with everybody

Congrats to the staff and drivers for putting on a show and the season has been awesome so far!

As for the criticisms posted here:

Ennis as mentioned is in the drift calender to cater for the drift fans from the west and make it cheaper to attend an event i.e. no hotels etc. The track is laid out to avoid the manholes/poor surface areas and there is not much smooth tarmac to work with. Underpowered cars have a real shot at Ennis and this makes the championship fair and throws up some new faces. Stephen Harte won on Saturday and the Semi Pro guys were fantastic on Sunday and it makes things really interesting.

As for the usual "PD are in it for the money" "I could make a better series" rants. Your spot on. I reckon it should be free in and the track should be on the moon with regular shuttles to and from and no breaks for 36 hours. Then, and only then, I might comment that it was 'average'.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

firstly hats off to hynes for making yet a new track in a tiny carpark, my favorite to view anyway. so many heros the weekend but carbo stole the show for me i fucking love walls. queens was insane love when almost all the drift crew are together what an awesome bunch of people roll on fermoy

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    I think you've been watching too many Formula D events and playing too much Forza. In what sense do you consider it a shit track? In my mind it was quite a good track and although it is a small track, it did appear to be quite a challenging one for the drivers at that. I don't think it is fair to say that IDC are only there for the money, like the guys have said, it has been on the roster for a long time so it's no different from Punchestown etc. If you were to remove Ennis from the season, what would you put in it's place? Tynagh? As far as spectating goes I wouldn't consider Tynagh to be exactly great unless you are Media, after Tynagh I'm out of ideas for a track out west. IDC uses Clare Marts in Ennis for one of its events because #1 It is able to get permission to use that location and more importantly #2 so that fans of the IDC series that live in the West don't always have to travel to the other side of the country to see the event. You also need to realise that IDC stands for Irish Drift Championship i.e. it is a primarily a motorsport competition, spectators second. I think in all fairness until you realise what really makes a good and a bad motorsport event, you and your buzzer-mobile Glanza should stick to Shlabfest and BooStancers.

I was there on Saturday and really enjoyed it. My Personal Two Cents

only because i kept you entertained for an hour trying to take a picture of a can hahaha

had a laugh also. cars skidding/doot2door/crashing will always entertain me no mater how small of a track. guess im just easily amused

Sig pic removed (size) - Admin

team ball bag

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by abceire View Post
    What would you like to see done to improve it? Or make it better?
    make the track a bit bigger its too slow i was expecting steer from the rear to arrive and do some donuts,as somebody else said they have loads of space off to the side whats wrong with usin a bit of that..and maybe tar it its rough as fuck,i know ennis marts dont care how rough it is
    ye there are fuck all tracks what ever happened citywest?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by krustyep91 View Post
    ye there are fuck all tracks what ever happened citywest?
    robert rohu did great things for drifting, thats what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Ah man what am I doin on Driftireland full a pills at 9 o clock in the mornin fml

Status
    User ID

edit..poxy iphone does a big freeze and then posts twice

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
    robert rohu did great things for drifting, thats what happened

what he booked citywest so idc couldnt do it aswel now hes bust,am i right?

Status
    User ID

here are the third place decider and the final video clips.
    IDC Round 3 Ennis - YouTube