Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    User ID

Driving today car was fine bogged down once all day kept a eye on the voltage 13.9 and 14.0 v all day just parked up there was running fine when i turned it off, Tryed to start it immidatley after i turned it off and park it in the shed as the wind is unreal here, Tryed to start it and nothing no start-up lights nothing time clock showes on the dash but as i turn the key it goes off and resets itself, lifted the bonnet and the two terminals are on good and tight, cant do anything else till later as i have to keep one hand on the bonnet so it dosnt fly up and smash my windscreen, going to get a new battery as silvertooth said, but cant go anywhere till someone comes home to lift me , and keep a hand on the bonnet while i work.haha. Then ill try the earths aswell.

Any thing else other than battery and earth?

Not sure if the bogging down is related to this anymore but ill wait and See.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

that sounds like a bad earth on to the engine,
    but i had the problem was air flow meter and wheels eatn
    a few cable's,

ya changed the plugs?

Status
    User ID

Had the vary same thing on mine when had it bogging down kinda mis, early sign of one the coils packs prob on its way out will get worse til it is mis fireing then only matter of pulling them up to see what ones gone

I searched the net that time tink was on s15oc read of a fue having the same thing

I used to keep spare one in boot after that

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by S14a johno View Post
    that sounds like a bad earth on to the engine,
    but i had the problem was air flow meter and wheels eatn
    a few cable's,

ya changed the plugs?
    Just in its strange as feck went out to take a look didnt touch anything under the bonnet and the fucker started up no bother??? looked at the earth on the engine it looked sound but undid the bolt and gave it a rubs of sandpaper and sticky it back on, wheel arch earth, it looks a lil rusty around the bolt so i tryed to undo it and the bolt snapped... So found Another bolt and a cleaner hole with a bolt welded on the wheel tubb about 4 inches from the old earth, cleaned everything down with sand paper and stuck it all back on so that should be the earths sorted? Might hold off See how this goes and then ill change the battery if it happens again.

Id say the lil miss is a seperate issue? but Im gonna get new plugs 2morrow and See but it dose sound like a coilpack?

Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    Had the vary same thing on mine when had it bogging down kinda mis, early sign of one the coils packs prob on its way out will get worse til it is mis fireing then only matter of pulling them up to see what ones gone

I searched the net that time tink was on s15oc read of a fue having the same thing

I used to keep spare one in boot after that
    Cheers man i had coilpacks go shortly after buying the car 2 years ago, but Im nearly sure it gave no warning signs then it just straight dropped a cylinder, but i might have been unfamilar with the car then and didnt notice the early signs, must get some coilpacks aswell as im sure ill need them again sooner or later.
    P

Check your loom under driver wheel arch.

10.5sec 1/4 mile @140mph Fastest s14 in Europe down 1/4 mile...

Status
    User ID

i recently raised and tucked it up above the rail out of the way but took a look at it there and its still grand. cheers tho.