Register
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Punchestown!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by paddymcgrath View Post
    I never said that any of you said that Ffrench didn't deserve to win

I'm not being a smart arse but could you give me an example of favouritism in Prodrift ? I only ask because everyone seems to throw those words around without any substansiating evidence. Anytime someone has felt hard done by, they give the 'favoritism' line but if they go and ask the judges why they will get an in-depth answer as to why that decision was made. To be fair, unless your sitting in the judges seat, you do not have the best view of the course and as such are not qualified to make a fully informed decision from anywhere else on the course.

What was the comment from the commentator by the way, couldn't hear fuck all trackside !
    Ted i can give countless examples as could most people if they wanted to but i have alot of respect for the drifters so im not gonna go mentioning names and risk insulting them, and your right the judges do have the best view but that also means the commentators have the exact same view, and the comment was in relation to a big name vs unknown name, the judges were not allowing lads to cut the big bend low to overtake(due to it being an outside clipping point) but for some reason they decided to let a big name do it and the comment made was ''the judges seem to have changed there requested driving line there''......cant remember the rest word for word so i wont put words in there mouth, i wasnt hard done by but could see it happening.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

cant remember who the battle was with but james dean was deffo "off the line" and went tru. nearly everyone one the MNC stand came out with the two famous words "PRO FIX"

Quote Originally Posted by 200sx View Post
    This site is made up off a majority off absolute wank bags,and im sure im one off them from some peoples point off views,all nice fellas in person,but just a bit off a keyboard braveheart.....Thats the way this site is plain and simple,either like it,or sling your hook!!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by s13-ste View Post
    cant remember who the battle was with but james dean was deffo "off the line" and went tru. nearly everyone one the MNC stand came out with the two famous words "PRO FIX"
    Good man ste, thats another one i forgot about, but thats not to take anything away from james deans talent and skill.

Status
    User ID

I thought it was amazing moorehead only got 17 points tbh a slight straighten but he ran the wall both ways as close as it gets without the crashu and hit all the clipping points balls out agro driver

Would you PM it to me Barry if you wouldn't mind ?

I didn't see the top 16 on Saturday evening, so I can't comment directly on the runs your talking about. I'm not making excuses for James but was there a chance the other made a similar mistake or something else ? In fairness, Kearney was punished for taking the inside line against Lenihan and was booted out for it so there was surely some reason why James went through ? But again, I didn't see it !

Status
    User ID

Savage wkend.....
    Super series...French was on fire,def proves its da driver not da car
    Irish Seeded Pros...Mike Deane....couldnt be happier for a driver,been a long time comin,all last yr he was livin in James's shadow now its time for Mike to shine
    Irish non seeded...Damien Shortt Im extremely bias so wont say anymore other than the car is in serious need of repair due to wall rubbin but the trophy looks good on my locker

Agree with Paddy on most of above points....its easy pick on the big names but if Pd were bias why did Shane Lynch and Eric not qualify!!!
    Dan Moorhead=we were in Sinnotts workin on Damiens car fri evenin and Dan came sideways in the gate in some old banger,he was up for it tis wkend
    to think he drives that car to and from an event is amazin....the roads of Carlow have to be warned Dan is a nutter

Did someone says sideways

Status
    User ID

id have to agree lads that the best scoring line was close to the armco everyone was told this and its their own decision wether to shave it or not,In amatuer we wer told that the best line was as close to the barrier as possible and they were right cause on my second qualifing run i kept close to the barrier and you could link fully the big long left hander and scored alot higher and qualified 12th.

with regards to it being a fix i dont believe that for a minute,surely if that was the case ffrenchy ,mcdonagh or mccarthy wouldnt get a look in

The Monstar!!
    Status
    User ID

well!! i had a greAT WEEKEND!!! aside from the complete sun-burnage it was a complete success!!!!!!!! was good to put a few morre faces to names too folks so wel hav to keep these events cumin!!!

The Monstar!!
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Frankae86 View Post
    Nah i wouldnt agree with you there, Mick deane senior said he didnt sleep in 3 days leading to the event, at 5am Saturday morning Mick left with mike's s13 and james was still finishing the Rex off. Thats fair motivation and passion for the sport!

He had a solid drive yesterday in known akward car to drive with little testing and setup time. Not as comitted as the likes of Ffrench and j.power but him and car went well. And its a savage looking car, great stance.
    the diff mount snapped on james's rex nd d prop was banging around soo, it was his first time testin the car so i reckon fair play!!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_g View Post

Oh and hi to Bart too, met him soooooo randomly in Portlaoise today!!
    hi to you to lad.. even if ya did block up half the town
    hope ya got nice grub