Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Turbo problem

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Turbo problem

Right lads here is my problem, I recently bought a zenki s14 of a friend of mine he was only owner in Ireland and it has just about all the bits an bobs you would want on a road car! Right when I got the car it had been parked up for over 2years , gave it a jump an she fired up grand but allthe exhaust gasket where blowing (head-Mani,mani-turbo,turbo-elbow) so went about taking the turbo out of the car hour later I'm goin about putting it together with new gaskets fired it up sounded sweet but poured smoke out the back now I mean bad!!!! Pulled it out the shed and left it run trying to convince myself it was a bit of spray oil and gasket sealer burning off 20mins later it's no better so I pull it back in an leave it for a week or so while I was doing other stuff then I tried moving it again ran lik shit still smokey. Today I tried to start it an it won't start at all so I decided that I had to investigate further anyway, oil oil and more oil id say there wasn far off half a litre inside the intercooler and piping and the cold side of the turbo itself.......??????? the only thing I could see wrong was the oil return pipe from bottom off the turbo to the sump had a bad kink in it??? Would this cause enough pressure to blow the seals inside the turbo???? If so who am I best off getting the turbo rebuilt by??? My mate bought the turbo off japanese performance it has standard housing but it's suppose to be all hks internals! It's defo ball bearing anyway????

Look any input would be great?

If it has tits or tyres soon or later it's trouble!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

was it ever started over the 2 years parked up??
    seems like with the gaskets gone and ya jumpn the battry it was
    never started with in the 2 years,

sounds like the seals are shot mate, if it blown smoke out the back
    and running like shit, sounds like a turbo,
    is there a z32 on it?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Yes every 2 months or so he would clean it and have it running for a good while might even take it for a short drive!

Before I took the turbo off it was smokey at all even when ye hopped it of the limiter it was fine before I you he'd it apart from the gaskets but as I said the only thing a reckon I didn do right was that oil return line it was kinked from me? Do Ye think that would cause the turbo seals to burst with pressure?

If it has tits or tyres soon or later it's trouble!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Big P View Post
    Yes every 2 months or so he would clean it and have it running for a good while might even take it for a short drive!

Before I took the turbo off it was smokey at all even when ye hopped it of the limiter it was fine before I you he'd it apart from the gaskets but as I said the only thing a reckon I didn do right was that oil return line it was kinked from me? Do Ye think that would cause the turbo seals to burst with pressure?

well if the oil line kinked from when ya put turbo then ya can burst the turbo seals, as oil then no flown and ya get build up of heat, i would tink, iam no mechinic buddy, just tryn help ya out,

but if it fine all way up to when ya did the gaskets and now it smokey and oil in the intercooler pipe, it the seal and becasue there a kink in the pipe as it wasnt there before that result in heat build up resulting in seals to burst, because oil cant flow properly, that be how i see it mate,

if it workn grand before and now it not ya know