Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by duane-drift View Post
    did anybody see how fast juha's car was out of the bottom corner it was like a four wheel drive drift :L
    Unreal, by the end of the big corner he was in a different time zone to everyone else!

I think its literally just decent grip and highly geared = massive wheel speed + big balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    the thing is just retared!!!

it has so much speed it just looks out of control thow he was way off all the wall clips, i think you were done over in you run against him, and then he did the same thing against alan sinnott and the did him over it then
    Their judging style seems kinda simialar to Fd... Being 'Gangsta' with mahooosive 'style' is almost more important than line which imo should always be worth at least 60 percent of a score... at LEAST!

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor-BMW View Post
    Hi,
    This is my first post at this "great" community.
    I can't belive how many weepers are here

cheers
    Wrong area to post an introduction

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!

Status
    User ID

I actually thought the commentator was pretty funny at times. A bit more assistance with the names of all the Irish drivers wouldn't have hurt because Carpo couldn't have been expected to know everybody.

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    Unreal, by the end of the big corner he was in a different time zone to everyone else!

I think its literally just decent grip and highly geared = massive wheel speed + big balls!
    I honestly don't know what more duane could have done. Just to let you all know he was running 285 Tyres with very low pressure in them and pulled 4th gear out of the hairpin to try and sit with him.

Status
    User ID

Juha's car was a massive eye opener and a big big worry personally.

When Eric won Prodrift in my car back in 2007 probably the average big power cars were 350 to maybe 500 bhp max? Now 400bhp is what you nearly have to have for semi-pro, and the top guys are going into the 500, 600, 700bhp+ range. Still adding a bit more grip to my car and stuff in the future, it seems possible to not really get left behind with most, which is great.

But if Juha's car is the sign of things to come, then really the days of low horsepower cars, or relatively cheap builds like Paul McCarthys being able to compete at the top are going to be over. You will need massive power, you will need massive grip which means massively wide and expensive tyres, and you ultimately will need proper sponsorship.

At the weekend it seemed to me like what would happen if you put a FD car up against a Prodrift car.

I don't know is it a good thing to see European cars catch up maybe and the guys deserve massive credit, but from a personal point of view it was very worrying for the future. Its been gradually going that way for the last few years yes.....but this was the first time I saw a massive massive leap in performance.

Status
    User ID

@Trixa i agree with you there , same as the route ralling went, loads of people cant do it no more because it made itself too exspensive to compete in plus manufacturers even pulled out.
    motorsport was and should ever be about the sport of it and if a fella feels under pressure to put big bucks into a car to compete is only going to take the fun out of it in my opinon.
    lets be real about it FD and america have the industry and money to put a v8 900hp from a nascar into a drift car and they have bigger sponsers bigger prize money and bigger stress on competitors. theres going to be a point where it just wont be fun anymore for some people and thats whats coming down the line.

Click on the picture please like and share our page thanks

me and others have our own thoughts about this. i would really love a look at what juha's cars running. 315 rears.????? thinkthere more to it than that. and as everyone is sayiing 8 out of 10 of the irish drivers were on the walls all weekend. didn see much from the others in there monster cars. . still ... not complanin .had fun as always but the day has to come for a cap on certain limits of what is acceptable is certain series. . if u can afford 800bhp and 30 brand new tyres a weekend then may aswell pay the little extra and head to fd. its like taking (not saying which team is the best cause thats another row lol) a premership team and putting them in 3rd devision just cause there they will be the best and win easily. its stupid. needs to be a cap somewhere. how happy would everyone be to see a 1000bhp car win every round of prodrift year on year, would people not try say move on . . lol.. thats what i think anyway.

U CAN SLEEP IN YOUR DRIFT CAR
    U CANT DRIFT YOUR HOUSE

Sig pic removed - See rules

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Trixta View Post
    Juha's car was a massive eye opener and a big big worry personally.

When Eric won Prodrift in my car back in 2007 probably the average big power cars were 350 to maybe 500 bhp max? Now 400bhp is what you nearly have to have for semi-pro, and the top guys are going into the 500, 600, 700bhp+ range. Still adding a bit more grip to my car and stuff in the future, it seems possible to not really get left behind with most, which is great.

But if Juha's car is the sign of things to come, then really the days of low horsepower cars, or relatively cheap builds like Paul McCarthys being able to compete at the top are going to be over. You will need massive power, you will need massive grip which means massively wide and expensive tyres, and you ultimately will need proper sponsorship.

At the weekend it seemed to me like what would happen if you put a FD car up against a Prodrift car.

I don't know is it a good thing to see European cars catch up maybe and the guys deserve massive credit, but from a personal point of view it was very worrying for the future. Its been gradually going that way for the last few years yes.....but this was the first time I saw a massive massive leap in performance.
    I agree, but the thing is its only tracks like Punchestown that has a slow enough hair pin type bend with a huge pull out that insane horse power and grip is gonna kill others!
    Juha's car looks like an absolute pig between the grip and that stupid wisefab kit, going from 90 degree lock to 0 about 20 times on one lap of the course. But as said the scary thing is it doesn't matter because if you are that fast it doesn't really matter if you are "rubbin walls" or not!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by pmc-drifter View Post
    I agree, but the thing is its only tracks like Punchestown that has a slow enough hair pin type bend with a huge pull out that insane horse power and grip is gonna kill others!
    Juha's car looks like an absolute pig between the grip and that stupid wisefab kit, going from 90 degree lock to 0 about 20 times on one lap of the course. But as said the scary thing is it doesn't matter because if you are that fast it doesn't really matter if you are "rubbin walls" or not!
    Said the same myself Sunday alright, that lock is gay and needs to be banned worldwide anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot