Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

I couldn't make it up today so i thought id watch the live feed. i had to stop. between the commentator not having a clue, screaming into the mic and nearly blowing my ear drums i just couldnt keep watching

Status
    User ID

First thing for us was the 15 euro entry which ended up being 20 euro, the women on the gate cheekily said Sunday was different but I then pointed out the sign said 10 euro for Saturday? No one seemed to have any idea what was happening,

The commentator was rubbish and the music was blasting so loud you could barely hear cars, the guy didn't even know the names of drivers and was more interested in a silly live replay. Huge gaps inbetween runs and loads of mistakes from the organizers, people having to battle twice in the top 16 etc.

I have to say though some of the driving was top notch, Richard Bradley's runs we're fantastic against the Ae86 and James Deane showing how it's done in the RX7, plenty of nice cars about too. Feel sorry for the guy in the Purple 86 with the Meisters.

Most likely won't make the drive down again for All stars if it comes back, after that poor attempt I can't see it though.

had a good weekend until the top 8 when i seen juha pulling up beside me i could keep with him on the straight but after that it was game over

richard bradley drove like a mad man all weekend pity about his
    car breaking down

and james on it as usall running every wall possible

and the irish dominated the weekend :P

Event Organiser - UDC
    Status
    User ID

Great insight provided there Duane from someone in the thick of it

Last edited by SWRC Wayne; 29-07-12 at 23:24.
    BISHOPSCOURT: Drifting & Drag Racing # Sun 2-JUNE.
    Starts 11am

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I didn't think it was a complete disaster, and after talking to a couple of drivers the consensus seemed to be loads of track time and a nice relaxed atmosphere. The thing that really saved the event for me was the standard of driving all weekend by everybody, especially when the track was completely dry, on the wall every run and smoking the place out of it. Amazing stuff.

How many people are going to complain about Mondello wetting the track now when it will be good practice for weekends like that?
    I taught the exact same i didnt mind the commentator because i hate the commintator in pro drift he wrecks my fecking head and these guys gave good track time aswell unlike pro drift where ya have to wait an hour between runs which is total bullshit.

I loved that soarer going around it made me want to put mine on the road alot more.

Very good drifting today i know that s14 didnt come into the walls as close but by god he came in fast with a hell of alot of smoke behind him making the irish drifters push their limits and come in quicker themselfs which isint a bad thing

Event Organiser - UDC
    Status
    User ID

I hate to keep chipping in, but just so super proud of the UDC lads for scoring so well.

As it happens, I was meant to be running the actual drift competition at this event this weekend... we'll not go into why we ended up not doing it, but we were happy to also be running the very first drift event at Tullyroan Oval on the same day aswell.

Great showing for the UDC on both sides of the border

Last edited by SWRC Wayne; 29-07-12 at 23:44.
    BISHOPSCOURT: Drifting & Drag Racing # Sun 2-JUNE.
    Starts 11am

Status
    User ID

was a bit disappointed as well, kinda regret i came all the way from cork!
    and the 20€ at the gate?

but the (irish) driving was unreal, at least that was fine

either drift allstars just isnt a good event in general or they didnt take the organisation in ireland serious enough!
    was a bit suprised that i saw no marshalls near the track as well...?!

either way, think they will realize soon that u shouldnt come with an unorganized drift-show to ireland!

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID

Very disappointed with it tbh, waste of effort going and as for finishing at 4.30 wtf ???

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I taught the exact same i didnt mind the commentator because i hate the commintator in pro drift he wrecks my fecking head and these guys gave good track time aswell unlike pro drift where ya have to wait an hour between runs which is total bullshit.

I loved that soarer going around it made me want to put mine on the road alot more.

Very good drifting today i know that s14 didnt come into the walls as close but by god he came in fast with a hell of alot of smoke behind him making the irish drifters push their limits and come in quicker themselfs which isint a bad thing
    Your intelligence is outstanding . Firstly how can you hate a person you don't even know all because he wrecks your head ?? Gway with ya ,Dave bein a friend of mine and probably one of the most legendary pd commentators actually providing information non stop says it all.

Secondly If I hear someone else say "they got loads of track time sher " ,what use is loads of track time to a spectator who wants to see a competion of progressive battles ???? And albeit the wrong track time cause they fucked up twin battles .... And don't let me get started on the fucking cheekyness of the organiser to come to his home country and still not have paid Irish drivers there winings from last year ! Never been so glad to be sick that weekend ...that competition did nothing for the progression of drifting in Ireland .

Well done to Alan and James and all the other Irish drivers !!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    He came up we chatted for a while nice fella to talk to all the same but he seemed very twitchy and i never trust a twitchy person....!
    !

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post

I totally agree with git Dave is a great commentator he creates an atmosphere unlike any other and the fact he knows what he's talking about makes it even better why do u think people complain that he isnt commentating at the am part of Prodrift every round without fail

My signature picture was fricking huge - Admin

click the image to see my facebook page