Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_C View Post
    What hp is in that s14 of uhal ? (or however its spelt)
    serious car with savage grip but ya cuda parked a lorry between him and the wall every time, no way should he have gotten to 3rd, way to many mistakes. After seein today i have to agree with nikki, Irish drifters standard has to be up there with the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrifter86 View Post
    for sure. Duane can drive. for a 15/16 year old to drive a car like his does. u kinda have to a head on ya to do it even without bhp. God bless the instructor when he does his driving test in a year or 2. lol! haha

Status
    User ID

I didn't think it was a complete disaster, and after talking to a couple of drivers the consensus seemed to be loads of track time and a nice relaxed atmosphere. The thing that really saved the event for me was the standard of driving all weekend by everybody, especially when the track was completely dry, on the wall every run and smoking the place out of it. Amazing stuff.

How many people are going to complain about Mondello wetting the track now when it will be good practice for weekends like that?

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Changing the layout Saturday and not giving the lads a few hours practice before qualifying was bollox I thought - They spent all day Friday going the opposite direction.

Over all it was very badly organised, they could have made more of an effort.. But, I had a good weekend all the same, the quality of driving was unbelievable, everyone was putting down crazy runs with the track uber wet! Only in Ireland!

Feel bad for Diarmud O'Connell though.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Started off bad anyway. Sign on suppose to start at 7 on Friday. I was at the gate at 10 past but the gate wasn't even opened until 20 to 8. No one knew what to be at. Then they didn't know which track to use but in the end used the harder track to which we were told "you've entered a pro event if you don't like the track go home" so we practiced away on that track until lunch when Nigel colfer arrived and said the pro drift track was better. Then again they didn't know what to do. So we tried both tracks after lunch. Was more less decided then that we'd stay with the harder track. I was happy enough with that because I really liked it. Only to be told in briefing Saturday morning that they just had to go with the "safer" track. After that the weekend was a load of bolox ology. I could actually go on until tomorrow about it. I'm glad I went to work today.

she no d-turbo heiii
    Status
    User ID

terribly organised, we were practicallly able to walk onto the track while they were drifting!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

i couldn't beleave my eyes saturday when i saw a clipping point sign held up by a "Beer Keg" what the hell just before the glass building

Status
    User ID

A badly organised event alright! (whats that idiot commentators name anyway)
    But it was definitely made up by the standard of driving by the irish lads glued to the wall! Feel very sorry for Diarmuid O Connell, it was a serious shunt!

Status
    User ID

The irish lads were class all weekend as always ! The event was advertised as 15 euro entry on the posters and they charged 20 which is bad form. Even down to the muppets on the gate who kept leaving people standing in front of the turnstyle barrier after they paid the whole thing was a joke.The arrogance of the show organisers was unreal they should never be allowed back into the country again to organise an event

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Boguey001 View Post
    serious car with savage grip but ya cuda parked a lorry between him and the wall every time, no way should he have gotten to 3rd, way to many mistakes. After seein today i have to agree with nikki, Irish drifters standard has to be up there with the best in the world.
    Agree 100% he wasnt within a donkeys roar of the wall , The Irish lads where the only ones runing the wall from what i seen on the live stream.

I kinda always thought that was just drifting until i started watching other comps like this weekend and bdc and just shows you how hardcore Irish drifting is !

Event Organiser - UDC
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley_Motorworks View Post
    The organizing left a bit to be desired but on a plus side...Massive amounts of track time.
    Was a bit mad changing the track so many times but I had some fun runs around it all weekend with Alan Farrell... So so much fun...lol
    managed to Qualify 1st on Saturday then 3rd in the superlap So I was happy...
    Think I eneded up 5th or so overall...

Richard, after being out of action for so long, I would consider that as a moral victory! About 15 years ago when i was oval racing, the last season I raced I was only twice in a year and won about 3 out of 6 races. That reminded the rest of them who were there every week who was best .
    I consider you one of the very best drivers the UDC has ever had. You continue to do us proud

BISHOPSCOURT: Drifting & Drag Racing # Sun 2-JUNE.
    Starts 11am