Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    i run the exact same tyres as juha on my car 265 achilles they are unreal yokes!

there is 2 diffrant types of them some come in plastic wrapping they are the new model ones which are crazy!! i put on 2 of them for super lap any one who seen it will tell you it was shite! i just could not get the car to spin up with them on and when i went out in top 16 in the rain with mike dean when i put the shoe in i just got grip and jumped forward
    Well you have got to say fairplay to Achilles! They seem to have developed a brilliant drifting tyre! Wonder do they make 195 15s?!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigey00 View Post
    The're 400 threadwear!!!

Juha is fast on every track, the tyres are a crazy compound. He is beatable but you just have to be smart!
    How does treadwear relate to grip Nigel? The higher the better or does it really have nothing to do with that? Higher the threadwear the longer they last right?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

The higher the treadwear the less grip the tyre should produce but thats not always the case as said above its to do with the compound of the tyre!

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Trixta View Post
    Well you have got to say fairplay to Achilles! They seem to have developed a brilliant drifting tyre! Wonder do they make 195 15s?!!

How does treadwear relate to grip Nigel? The higher the better or does it really have nothing to do with that? Higher the threadwear the longer they last right?
    I believe Prodrift have a threadwear limit on tyres, supposibly the lower the threadwear the softer the compound. But there is no universal threadwear legislation between tyre companies so you can basically put what you want.

With tyre companies like Achillies they realise this and put a soft as hell compound onto a tyre and rate them at whatever they want. The drift spec ATR sports run the same compound rummber as the new Achillies 123 that Saito uses in the satates. They are ultra soft and ultra grippy hence where Juha and to a lesser extent Dan Chapman are getting their grip from.

Quote Originally Posted by damo86 View Post
    sure didnt sinnott beat him in the top4??
    This is exactly my point. Having so much grip causes issues while chasing other cars that do not have as much grip. Juha finds it very difficult to chase due to this and makes mistakes. As a driver you realise this and all you can do is pull massive angle in front of him, drive a gangster line and hope Juha fucks up. You can do nothing while chasing the guy. He is a good driver but as seen last weekend doesnt run a great line and is very twitchy. Everyone has strenghts and weaknesses and you have to play to this. His advantage is that he's fast. He has good tyres, there's nothing we can do about his tyres so we need to try something else as his competitors!! OR go to the UK and burn down the Achillies warehouse!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nigey00 View Post
    As a driver you realise this and all you can do is pull massive angle in front of him, drive a gangster line and hope Juha fucks up.
    Awesome!

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

I wish I could afford them dam tyres and had the power to turn them...Seem miles and mile ahead of anything else on the market. But way over budget for my weekend...lol
    My 255 35 18 sunnys seem to do pretty well. Had them let down to 19psi most of the time but meant you had to be mashed to the floor all the time or they just gripped and threw you at the wall. Smoked reasonably well too

10.5sec 1/4 mile @140mph Fastest s14 in Europe down 1/4 mile...

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley_Motorworks View Post
    I wish I could afford them dam tyres and had the power to turn them...Seem miles and mile ahead of anything else on the market. But way over budget for my weekend...lol
    My 255 35 18 sunnys seem to do pretty well. Had them let down to 19psi most of the time but meant you had to be mashed to the floor all the time or they just gripped and threw you at the wall. Smoked reasonably well too
    they are prob the same money as sunnys!! 265/30 18's achillies we bought them for 70euro a go

Status
    User ID

http://www.drift-allstars.com/drift-...icial-results/

Report up on the weekend. I came 9th mint! Although I should have led the battle against Diarmuid it seems lol?

they had all the battles mixed up

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    they are prob the same money as sunnys!! 265/30 18's achillies we bought them for 70euro a go
    Where do you get them from?

Like R32s? Check out R32 Life!

http://r32life.blogspot.com/

Status
    User ID

Nice to see that there are much discussion..

I just wanted to say, that no ones cheating or anything. I've just got all the settings right this time and made an awesome car in my opinion.

Some of the grip comes from Achilles for sure. They are the best tires i've driven with, not complaining! Low Brain Drifters sell them and everyone can buy them if they want. He's just been having a low stock issue, but a new container should arrive soon.

As I said some of the grip comes from Achilles, I brought the car in Finland after London competition and I drove one competition here.

Radalle.com motopark 2012 pro drifting finaalit - YouTube

I didn't have achilles with me and I used 225/45/17 RETREAD tires. The other guy still had 255 something.
    Maybe it's just because I have bigger spoiler? haha

Someone said if this high horsepower car is difficult to drive in a small tracks.. Well it still spools better than a stock 2JZ..

In Punchestown the car was twitchy allright. I was struggling with it the whole weekend and because of that I was a bit afraid to run that close to the wall with the bumbs and everything <-- softie!

On the next day in UK we went to the alignment place and the car was badly misaligned which explains a lot.

I don't get it why people don't like Wisefab and are just shouting its bad and they haven't even tested it? Is it bad because it has more lock than Geomasters?? I like DW stuff. I have a lot of them rods fitted. You don't have to use the extra lock if you don't want, but it has really saved me a couple of times.

All the best to everyone and lets keep it fair!!
    See some of you guys in Romania this weekend, can't wait..

-Juha Rintanen

Last edited by juZz; 13-08-12 at 14:58.