Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default 2litre efi sierra for drifting

well lads,can get a 2litre efi twincam sierra,would it be any good for drifting?

thanks in advance!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Yep, be prefect for starting off in if it's cheap... Or preferably free or close to it

Plenty pressure in the tyres, strip and cut out what you don't need and away you go!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM-sport View Post
    Yep, be prefect for starting off in if it's cheap... Or preferably free or close to it

Plenty pressure in the tyres, strip and cut out what you don't need and away you go!

would it not be short on power wouldn't you think?do you know of anyone that has used one before?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Some young Deane fella out Mallow direction didn't do too bad when he started out in one anyway

If you make any car light enough, you can drift with surprisingly well with very little power.

A sierra is cheap simple drifting too so it's a load of fun as not much can go wrong and any sort of tyres will do.

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Edit ....two posts

Last edited by jeff nelson sileighty; 01-07-12 at 19:58.

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Haha oh ya I think I've heard of that deane fella Haha yep there a handy machine to start off in just make sure its efi and not carbd the carbd ones aren't worth a fuck , I had one and it wouldn't pull the skin off a sausage but the efi's are a much better way to go

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Yeah, he's driving some Mazda now I think and doing alright since the old Ford.

Definitely go for it anyway though once its not much more than scrap value as you can get a lot of cars for under 500 or 600 these days that are good for drifting.

Sierra be good craic though to just strip and go skidding... Too many people get caught up in having a good car or getting carried away building something when all they should be doing is having something barely held together to have a laugh in and seat time.... Me included

Status
    User ID

Yeah, he's driving some Mazda now I think and doing alright since the old Ford.

Definitely go for it anyway though once its not much more than scrap value as you can get a lot of cars for under 500 or 600 these days that are good for drifting.

Sierra be good craic though to just strip and go skidding... Too many people get caught up in having a good car or getting carried away building something when all they should be doing is having something barely held together to have a laugh in and seat time.... Me included

the lad wants 500euro for it,bit steep is it?would i be better off hanging on and getting another few pound and buy a rough nissan?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

That's way too much. You'd nearly get an E36 328 or something for that and it would be a far better car or as you said, hold out for a cheap Datsun.

It would want to have a Cosworth YB or V6 in it for that price and just 2L on the book for that price!

Status
    User ID

That's way too much. You'd nearly get an E36 328 or something for that and it would be a far better car or as you said, hold out for a cheap Datsun.

It would want to have a Cosworth YB or V6 in it for that price and just 2L on the book for that price!

i wouldn't touch a bmw tho!!!!
    proberly gonna have to wait for a datsun