Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default 79 635csi for competition drifting?

Anyone know if my stripped csi was rebuild for drifting using fibreglass panels and d 3.5 high compression engine with dogleg box would it be any good.She has an lsd (which would be shmmed) and possible turbo upgrades.I was just told my e30 pickup can't be used in competition.

Status
    User ID

Why not.. strip it and skid it.. 286bhp plenty if u make it light enuf, if u need more powers supercharge it but it'll be sumthin different and dogleg is the danglies, why'd they not catch on on???

Status
    User ID

was tinkin the same even the boot lid musta bin made of 1.5mm steel.Since I removed wings,bumpers,etc I can nearly lift the shell with interior still in it so I reckon if I make moulds for doors,wings and lid a bonnet for fibreglass panels she'd get below a tonne.The front and rear subframes are heavy tho.300+nm torque though.Think my e30 pickup may have to be abandoned or put on the road.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Less than tonne?
    It's going to be very hard to achieve.

Status
    User ID

Under a ton A bit optimistic is it?I suppose that engine is over weight for 200bhp as well.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

220bhp... And that only tells half the story, those yokes have enough Torque to pull a house down

It's difficult to even get an E30 completion car under a tonne. I was able to lift the front or back of my lightened 320 rolling shell with wheels, coilovers, steering rack, anti-roll-bars and everything fitted with just the interior, windows, engine, box and diff removed no problem but once the cage is finished, a diff, a heavy S54 and all the other bits to complete it it'll be quite abit heavier again.

Suppose if the pickup definitely isn't allowed compete, you could use the E24 and see how it goes. If it works, think about the lightweight panels and improving it then.

I can't see why a pickup isn't allowed though when convertibles are allowed and if you want to use modifying the chassis between the suspension mounts as a reason, are they going to stop Darren's AE86 from competing too as its pretty much just the bare door pillars and a tiny bit of the original floor that's left?

Status
    User ID

I read the rules there 2day and it said pillars a,b and C must b intact and my c pillars are gone but I thought I was 180sx pickups drifting.in japan they seem to let anything drift.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Just can't see it being competitive, be cool as fuck though

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Easy way around that is make the pickup from an E30 baur as its C-pillars are directly behind the B-pillars.

How can a convertible be allowed drift then if it doesn't even have C-pillars?
    I know convertibles are strengthens but not by a huge amount. There's only a handful of extra braces and an extra deep sill on an E30 for example.

The E24 would look cool drifting no doubt.

Status
    User ID

Oh I wasn't planning on winning events.I'm just looking to build a drift car for a bita fun dat can be sold for resonable price after.My pickup might have to be kept for the road.Might drop my m42 back into it and get her sprayed if she can't be used as a drifter