Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default WANTED 5 series Beemer 88-95(any cond, engine not important)

I wanna do the drift practice day on the 13th, anyone know of any cheap 5 series for sale? I've got a 1990 535 already that needs a bit of work so i'm lookin for a donor car. A small bit of cash waiting!

My omega, she's a pig but she'll do the job.
    Powersteering is tempremental, drinks alot of water. Thermostat's taken out and diff's welded. NCT till sometime next year (i forget when exactly, a good few months though).

Other than that she's grand. €350 takes her.

Doing wheelies gard? It's not a bike ya know...

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by rancido64 View Post
    Powersteering is tempremental, drinks alot of water. Thermostat's taken out and diff's welded. NCT till sometime next year (i forget when exactly, a good few months though).

What engine?

What is the prob with it drinkin water (headgasket?)
    Any idea how much nct is on it, roughly? what size engine is in it? What year is it?
    I may be interested, for a hatchet daily

Quote Originally Posted by cork kouki View Post
    What is the prob with it drinkin water (headgasket?)
    Any idea how much nct is on it, roughly? what size engine is in it? What year is it?
    I may be interested, for a hatchet daily
    2.0 16v engine, i thought the head might be gone but i thought when the HG went she'd be overheating all the time and she doesn't at all (unless you go for a few too many rings ), drove her as is for 2 months and never bothered looking into it as i was looking for an e30. Just as soon as the temp gauge starts rising, have to shut her off and check if she needs more water.
    She's a 98. NCT there's at least 3 months, i think there's a fair bit more than that but i'm not 100% sure so won't go getting your hopes up lol
    Powersteering, i think the pump's just on it's way out but i was never arsed changing it.

Oh yeah, spare wheels too.

Status
    User ID

I drive a 97 one with same engine as my road car, it'll drift on a greasy roundabout no bother but cant imagine there bein enough power for the likes of Mondello? Where have u drifted it?

2.0 16v engine, i thought the head might be gone but i thought when the HG went she'd be overheating all the time and she doesn't at all (unless you go for a few too many rings ), drove her as is for 2 months and never bothered looking into it as i was looking for an e30. Just as soon as the temp gauge starts rising, have to shut her off and check if she needs more water.
    She's a 98. NCT there's at least 3 months, i think there's a fair bit more than that but i'm not 100% sure so won't go getting your hopes up lol
    Powersteering, i think the pump's just on it's way out but i was never arsed changing it.

Oh yeah, spare wheels too.
    ok cool man, il ring the insurance man tomorrow nd get a quote, nd i will get back ta ya

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    I drive a 97 one with same engine as my road car, it'll drift on a greasy roundabout no bother but cant imagine there bein enough power for the likes of Mondello? Where have u drifted it?
    Was down at stonies, there's vids somewhere of it doing the business. She will go out in the dry on a roundabout with a bit of a weight shift and a clutch kick. Nice and easy in the wet though.

Quote Originally Posted by cork kouki View Post
    ok cool man, il ring the insurance man tomorrow nd get a quote, nd i will get back ta ya
    no bother dude, drop me a PM whenever

Status
    User ID

have an e30 325 here. Full weld in cage and stripped, bucket seat, E36 steering rack, 4:3 CWP and welded diff, vertical Hydraulic Handbrake, dishy wheels with slicks up front, massive 7 series rad, fully serviced, all oils changed and new spark plugs, new sump. ready to go to new home €1000 no less, dont bother trying to negotiate

If its got Wheels or Tits you can count on Problems

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    have an e30 325 here. Full weld in cage and stripped, bucket seat, E36 steering rack, 4:3 CWP and welded diff, vertical Hydraulic Handbrake, dishy wheels with slicks up front, massive 7 series rad, fully serviced, all oils changed and new spark plugs, new sump. ready to go to new home €1000 no less, dont bother trying to negotiate
    Its a good price for the work and the stuff thats gone in2 it but a bit more than i wanted to spend, thanks anyway lad.