Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Diesel daily

Status
    User ID

Default Diesel daily

Looking for a diesel daily, would prefer a Passat or an a4 but will consider others, have been to see two yokes now and they were literally falling apart.

Would also prefer nct or a fail sheet and have about a grand to spend but the cheaper the better

Anyone have anything?

Status
    User ID

di Member
    Status
    User ID

in the same boat at the moment myself, will be buyin a diesel daily in few weeks, gonna go for the 1.9 s40 mself, 00 and 01 models goin for less than a grand, with nct.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    To far up the country for me. Cheers though

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by copeyhagen View Post
    in the same boat at the moment myself, will be buyin a diesel daily in few weeks, gonna go for the 1.9 s40 mself, 00 and 01 models goin for less than a grand, with nct.
    Heaps of shit bud,,, i've gone through 2 in last 3 months... accelerator pedal feels like ur pushin a concrete block to get it to go down...gearboxs are very soft in them, went in both of them, and the second one had more oil in the water bottle than it did in the sump... on the plus side i've loads of spares if ya buy one haha

Originally Posted by carlow-drifter
    id say i have much more mechanical knowledge then some on here , grew up watchin me dad working on bus engines , so id say i have about 25 years experience , dunno why i even asked ye clowns
    Originally Posted by Derk
    I dont think you have as much knowledge as you think you have...
    I grew up watchin Bosco, that doesnt mean i live in a box with a hand up me arse now

Status
    User ID

Go for a 110bhp se tdi Toledo, cruise control climate control etc etc can be picked up for €1800 for one in very good condition! Although rcl and seized door lock barrels are a balls on them, but they don't suffer with the window regulator problem as much as a4s or passats.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Go for a 110bhp se tdi Toledo, cruise control climate control etc etc can be picked up for €1800 for one in very good condition! Although rcl and seized door lock barrels are a balls on them, but they don't suffer with the window regulator problem as much as a4s or passats.
    1800 is nearly double what I want to spend tbh.

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Iv a 96 a4 there, needs couple of Tyres and one suspension arm for the test, have a fail sheet and nearly everything is done, silver with 16" alloys, lowered a little but still comfy, few small marks here and there nothin major,! I drive it 140 miles to work and back everyday and it's a miser on diesel,,

Give me a call if any interest, €800
    085 1509973

Last edited by Stonie; 28-04-12 at 17:39. Reason: ,,
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Incase you havnt noticed, this is driftireland! Not youraveragelookingcountryspeccivic,needsweelsandle sstackyshit.com!*