Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default pro drift academy?

has anyone done the academy? only so much messing ya can get away with on the roads and the 180 is too clean to put on track so just wondering what the academy is like and is it worth the money?

if u aint first...your last. SHAKE N BAKE!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I done in 4yrs ago, changed a lot since then but I found it to ba great day and I feel I learned a bit

Status
    User ID

Not a bad thing to do dude, better if someone get it for you as a present
    And brake the instructors fingers so he can't press the kill switch, cause it could be a pain in the hole, one of them was sound but the second fella was a plank

Status
    User ID

haha well my birthday is in june petco hint hint :P . yeah it looks good alright think il give it a go

if u aint first...your last. SHAKE N BAKE!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by antokwon View Post
    haha well my birthday is in june petco hint hint :P . yeah it looks good alright think il give it a go
    Haha can't blame you for trying sure

Status
    User ID

done mine a while ago aswell maybe 4yr ago was good enough day; i was a bit pissed it was in mondello but in the middle not on track at all but then again there were some complete novices there the little shed nearly got cleaned out of it so i can understand why we didnt go on track...
    drove the twincam - shocking bad i mean proper bad ive had 5 on the road and still have a track cam and it was by far the worse cam i ever drove, i couldnt do shit in it and the fact the front tyres were bald didnt help, bmw 525 great craic, 180 and fairly big powered 180, its a good day out but didnt think i learned anything new but i was drifting for a while before i went

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by pepsterx View Post
    And brake the instructors fingers so he can't press the kill switch

Status
    User ID

i'd actually like to give it a go some time and see what its all about, but if there's a kill switch like that in it i wouldn't be too impressed

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by antokwon View Post
    has anyone done the academy? only so much messing ya can get away with on the roads and the 180 is too clean to put on track so just wondering what the academy is like and is it worth the money?
    I know people will think I'm biased cos I'm an instructor but I honestly think it's a great thing to do if youre getting in to drifting, it's a great craic of a day and you learn techniques that might take you a long time to pick up on on your own. Its evolved a lot in the last year and a half aswell and all the instructors are really good at getting through to the individual students and helping them to learn all the basic skills you need to be able to drift by the time its over at half 5.
    As for value for money, a full day is 375, and for instance if you were to go to say, Mondello for your first day, depending on where you live and how much driving you do, the costs might be very roughly
    Fuel for car: 50
    Diesel for van: 30 to 100
    Tyres: 60 to 200
    Plus your entry fee, and the fact that you cant wear or damage your own car at the Academy, for a guy starting out it starts to make sense...

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Driftma View Post
    i'd actually like to give it a go some time and see what its all about, but if there's a kill switch like that in it i wouldn't be too impressed
    I never yet pressed a kill switch! I shouted a lot and got really really dizzy several times, but never a kill switch