Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Senior Member sideways-theonlyway's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Things have been pretty slow on this build, full time work and part time work have been very busy but both have quietened down a bit so should get back to it soon.
    What we have done since the last update is, with the help of the lads at McKeons Garage, completely stripped down the engine, replaced bearings, bolts, gaskets and seals.
    Engine looked great when we stripped it down but bearings were showing a little wear on them so glad we decided to replace them.

It's all back together now and ready to go back into the car.
    I'm just waiting on my new clutch and flywheel to arrive from America this week hopefully.

Another great sponsor has come on board also; Mishimoto Automotive

I'm very lucky to have the help of all my sponsors, it really would not be possible for me to be doing this without their help:
    Zeetex Tyres | Mishimoto Automotive | FionnSport Automotive Technology | Mc Keon's Garage |Teng Tools | Corrib Oil

Just one more great sponsor to be announce soon.

I have also ordered a full set of new 17" wheels, really can't wait to see how they look on the car, they should be here in the next week or two.

Status
    User ID

Great work Paul. Cant wait to see ya smoking tires with the s54!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin k View Post
    Great work Paul. Cant wait to see ya smoking tires with the s54!!
    Thanks, I just want to hear this engine running and I'll relax a bit then!

Excellent work as usual paul, cant wait to see yourself and this car with some more power this year.

Keep it up.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by kenokennedy View Post
    Excellent work as usual paul, cant wait to see yourself and this car with some more power this year.

Keep it up.

Thanks Keno, hopefully it all comes together before RD1.

See you're having a bit of bad luck, you'll get there lad, keep at it.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Looking forward to seeing you with a bit more power under your belt. Glad you're getting sponsers too, well deserved. Should be a nice little competitive car for this season, best of luck.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you with a bit more power under your belt. Glad you're getting sponsers too, well deserved. Should be a nice little competitive car for this season, best of luck.
    Thanks, looking forward to a busy year

Status
    User ID

Good work dude. Do it rite first time. Can't wait for the season to start now. Keep it up

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by derek89 View Post
    Good work dude. Do it rite first time. Can't wait for the season to start now. Keep it up
    Thanks, should be a another great year.

Status
    User ID

If anyone is following on Facebook or Instagram you would have seen my final sponsor that is on board for 2016.

Advanced Clutch Technology have supplied me with their brilliant clutch and flywheel kit.

Absolutely delighted and it's great piece of kit, this is made for the 5 Speed ZF gearbox that was on the 328i, both then fit directly on to the s54 without any problem and I also used the 328i starter.
    I'll need to go to the GYM to use the clutch! Some difference in pedal feel from the standard E30 clutch.

Once we had the gearbox on we could get the engine into place. We used the e36 engine mounts and subframe. The engine mounts fit on to the S54 as the S54 has predrilled holes already on the engine that match up with the e36 mounts.

No real issues fitting the engine and gearbox into the car, everything bolted up perfect. Once fitted we noticed that the engine was very near the rack and also the anti roll bar. The lads decided to drop the rack and roll bar a few MM to prevent any damage to the S54 sump.

Once the engine was fitted we could get all the other bits tidied up.
    Location and pipe runs for the mishimoto oil cooler were decided and completed.
    Location, pipe runs and expansion tank location for then water feed were done, we blacked off the original water feed pipe and the lads made up a Y fitting at the back of the engine where the expansion tank and return pipes were joined in.
    The S54 fuel pump regulator were fitted in place of the 328 parts.

We are using the original S54 air box and air flow meter with a large K&N Filter attached, hopefully this will allow the proper and regulated air flow into the S54 throttle bodies.

The new JR3 wheels were fitted also, really like them on the car and they fill out the big arches great.

Thinks that's pretty much all that was done, probably forgetting loads of little bits!

Again, only for Alan and Colm @ McKeon's garage, they have been very good to me, they never fail to offer help and get the job done. Thanks again lads.

I dropped the car down to Fionnsport on Friday, Finbarr will complete the wiring and ECU work and make sure all is 100%, I really can't wait to hear it run! and pretty nervous already about getting to drive it! really exciting few weeks ahead hopefully!

Sorry for the lack of photo's, phone was acting up lately