Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Senior Member sideways-theonlyway's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Default I made Mondello

Figured out why the car kept cutting back….put back in the ASC button and turned it off!!

Done a few bits to get ready for Mondello on the 6th, fitted a TRS tow strap on the front and just a towing eye on the back, fitted the passenger seat and harness, fitted a fire extinguisher and got a few stickers on. I also went and bought a trailer from Ken on here, happy with it. Better than going borrowing for one, few pics of it loaded up and ready for Mondello.

So I went to Mondello on Sunday, second time ever to attempt to drift and first time ever driving this car.

Few Lads from Leitrim said they’d meet me and we’d travel up together, sound lads and thanks for the help and advice, appreciated.

What a days craic I had, I said I’d take it handy but came to the first corner and put the boot down coming out of it and car stepped out lovely, I held it and that was it for the day, as the morning went on I started getting longer drifts, linking corners and getting to know when and where to use the handbrake. Brought the old fella out for a few runs and he thought he’d see the breakfast again!

The afternoon came and I kept pushing harder for more speed and got third a few times, then I ended up running wide and hit a tyre wall…

Thought damage was worse so I checked the car over and headed back out, coming on 4 in the afternoon and my arms and hands all seized up, I couldn’t hold the steering wheel or pull the handbrake! that’s how much track time we got. So I packed up and headed home, I’ve just been buzzing since, running over and over every part of the day…this is an addiction.

So overall it was just an epic first day out, big thanks to the lads from Leitrim and anyone else that gave me a bit of advice. Where to next???

you should take the abs and asc relays out, in the fuse box under the bonnet, they have abs and asc written on them.
    looks like you had fun anyway

Status
    User ID

Default Quick update before I head off for two months :)

So first thing I done after mondello was a bit of panel beating, tasty job

Before.....

After.....

Then I stripped the boot and put on boot straps

Then I raised the bonnet a bit using rubber door stops, fitted bonnet pins and sprayed the grills matt black...

Gathered up some tyres and was all set for superdrift in Tynagh on the 10th June.

Some days craic was had, weather was class, went through a stack of tyres, car was great, drifting is improving , also got to bring the wife, mate and bro out for a spin and got the bro driving aswell so think he's got the bug now

Some pics from the day...

So thats it, she's parked up for a few months while myself and herself head for OZ, NZ & Thailand, cant fucking wait GOODLUCK

Status
    User ID

wow shes lookin well now lad keep it up nice to see your not phased by a little drift damage

Quote Originally Posted by git View Post
    u just talk nice to me or ill tell john to make that cage out of timber and then we see who passes scrutiny

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy drifter View Post
    wow shes lookin well now lad keep it up nice to see your not phased by a little drift damage
    Thanks Paddy.

Soo, what have I missed the last couple of months? Any rows or scandal?

Can't wait to get back working on and driving the car, feels like I've been away a year! On the look out for a cheap donor car to start gathering some spares.

Hoping to make superdrift tynagh on the 23rd Sept

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by sideways-theonlyway View Post
    Thanks Paddy.

Soo, what have I missed the last couple of months? Any rows or scandal?

Can't wait to get back working on and driving the car, feels like I've been away a year! On the look out for a cheap donor car to start gathering some spares.

Hoping to make superdrift tynagh on the 23rd Sept
    no bother lad and no not that i seen i've been a lil busy too , im only dying to drive my yoke still not finished :P , i hope ya make it to super drift pity tynagh is a lil far away for me

u just talk nice to me or ill tell john to make that cage out of timber and then we see who passes scrutiny

Status
    User ID

no bother lad and no not that i seen i've been a lil busy too , im only dying to drive my yoke still not finished :P , i hope ya make it to super drift pity tynagh is a lil far away for me
    Tynagh is only 2hrs up the road pad lad.

I'm liking the progress here fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    Tynagh is only 2hrs up the road pad lad.

I'm liking the progress here fair play.
    is it i thought galway was a fair stretch from me :P , im on the wexford kilkenny border

Status
    User ID

is it i thought galway was a fair stretch from me :P , im on the wexford kilkenny border
    its nowhere near galway even...,Wouldn't think your any further than us

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    its nowhere near galway even...,Wouldn't think your any further than us
    im a little further way not a whole lot i dont think i may find out exactly where it is

found it on google maps not as far away as i thought

Last edited by Paddy drifter; 23-08-12 at 17:48.