Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

keep the pics coming. Can't wait to see you out on track again

Senior Member sideways-theonlyway's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Jesus, where do I start with an update for this thread.....

It's been a crazy 6 months with lots of little and big problems.

Going back to April and the mad rush to make IDC Rd 1, Alan and Colm work tirelessy to get the last few bits sorted so we could bring it to Fionnsport, Finbarr and Dave from @Fionnsport put in a crazy few days to get the car up and running for me, collected it on the thursday in cork and was in mondello for IDC rd1 the next day having never driven it. That event was a disaster unfortunately, problems with the car, spent until nearly 2am on the friday night at home trying to solve it and it was only the following week when we figured out the cause of it, flywheel bolts had come loose and the vibration was causing the engine to cut out, nobodies fault but my own.

Then we done NI Drift Rd1, again some problems with steering hitting the manifold, and locking up on me, then steering pump gave up, but car and engine went great.

On to IDC Rd 2......hit the wall hard in practice....lots of damage...end of weekend...

NI Drift Rd 2, got car fixed after IDC2, was still having steering issues but qualified in the top 8 and into top 16, got knocked out after a spin on entry in the wet.

IDC 3 Global Warfare - During friday practice we finally figured what was causing the steering issues, legends at McKeons garage made me up some solid engine mounts at very short notice, fitted them saturday morning, qualified in the top 32 and got knocked out in the first battle after I missed a gear on the chase run. But I was finally getting some confidence in the car.

NI Drift Rd 3 - Another great event, high speed entries, wall runs, technical layout, great day. Qualified 5th but again knocked myself out in battles after a spin.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTDp2nnmzM

IDC Rd 4 Watergrasshill, was really confident in the car at this stage, felt pretty good going into qualifying, first qualifying went OK, looking back on the livestream the score I got was right as I dropped a wheel slightly in 3 places, at the time on track I was a bit dissappointed with the score and ended up pushing too hard in my second qualifying run and spun, missed out on top 32 by 0.5 points! Nobody to blame but myself, starting to realise I need to be a bit calmer and smarter on how I approach driving. Love this engine though!

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3LRb81qUoY

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q6wbDe9wI

NI Drift Rd 4 - Another serious days fun, loads of driving time as usual, was dying after a party the night before but ended up qualifying 1st!
    Finally after all the hardship and stress all year everything finally came together. Only for Gary's help and wise words all year, and telling me to just drive the shit out of it, and that's exactly how this car needs to be driven to make it work right, epic day and two very consistent qualifying runs put in, scores of 89 and 91.
    Top 16 battle I cam up against Chris Brady in his new build, it went to a OMT after two good first runs, but on my chase in the OMT I came in too hot and was going to hit him so pulled back and lost proximity, and that cost me the battle. But overall I was delighted with the day, the result and the car.

So the year to date has had more low's than high's, nobody really knows how tough this year has been apart from my very patient wife, Breda, who keeps pushing me to make each event. Don't know how she sticks it to be honest.

Two more events left for this year, IDC Rd 5 Japfest and NI Drift Series Rd 5, currently sitting 6th in the championship of the NI Drift series so big push on to move up another place or two in that, and I really need to score a few more points in the IDC so the pressure is on but can't wait now that confidence is high again.

We've another little baby on the way mid october also so busy few months ahead

Huge thanks to everyone that's helped me all year, especially Zeetex Tyres, Mileage Tyres, Alan & Colm at McKeon's Garage, Finbarr and Dave at Fionnsport, Gary for all the help at each event, I'd be lost without that help, Mark for all your help and your share of parts, Stephen for your help at events, probably loads more to thank when I think of it.

Would I put myself through it all again......when you get a decent result all the hardship and pressure is forgotten about, so yes, I'd do it all again

Status
    User ID

THREAD REVIVAL......What went on in 2017!!

New wrap design done on the car, design by Infamous, wrap completed by Flagship Sign-Design Mullingar.

Ran a few walls, hit a few walls, broke some things and fixed some things...

Qualified for the top 32 every round of the Irish Drift Championship this year, progressed to top 16 on a few rounds, qualified first at the last round and finished the event in 5th.
    So it was a lot more consistent than 2016 years with very few issues with the car.

Video link to the two qualifying runs at the final round below, be great if you subscribed to the my YouTube channel also!

And a few more photos

Plans for the winter...
    Spend as little as possible, just gonna keep it afforable, few more little things to change, have the Link ECU to go into it also so that will be nice and get it mapped to see what power it can get.

M3 Evo shafts to go in also to help to stop breaking half shafts, new poly diff bushings and a few other small things.

I'll keep ye updated...maybe this time next year

Status
    User ID

Great to see this being updated

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by lady89 View Post
    Great to see this being updated
    Thanks, 6 years of history in this thread so it'll be nice to keep it going.

Status
    User ID

Little bit of a run out on Sunday so all set for round 1, car is flying so fingers crossed this year will be good

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

That shifts! Are you only in second there? looks lovely and responsive without bashing the limiter. Smoke everywhere!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    That shifts! Are you only in second there? looks lovely and responsive without bashing the limiter. Smoke everywhere!
    Yeah it's pretty gripped up now, third gear all around there, still lots of grunt left if needed

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk