Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Team Chihuahua SR20 RX8

Well since I sold the SR20 Altezza I've been itching to build something else but this time fingers crossed I'll actually get it onto a track. While Martin is sorting the KP61 (The keeper), I've been looking on donedeal for the right base car, I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2004 Mazda RX8 231bhp model. I drove one of these for a few weeks years ago (Thanks D) and it left a lasting impression on me but you would feel cheated having driven an FD3S...

Kieran who joined up to Irish Rotary recently was looking for running gear from the above for an MX5 project so that suited me perfectly, alongside Bear aka Ross, we went up to Dublin, viewed the car and trailered it back to the workshop I'm currently breaking it to fund parts. I would love to stay Rotary and fit a 13B from the FD3S however reading up on the conversion on RX8Club.com and Brad Hackers thread on DW the cost of just getting the engine in and running on a single turbo alone would be the same as building a full equiped car running an SR. So cheap and cheerful it is.

Over the next few months I hope to build something useable with the help of D.R.T. Automotive, I hope we can turn out something unique. The plans for the car is to cage it (Thanks Mr. Stone), SR it and basically drive it on trackdays, hope to have it ready for around Easter all going well.

Current Spec :
    Mazda RX8
    SR20 Blacktop Engine, loom, ecu. Thanks to Gem
    RB25 Gearbox, Prop, Shifter & Adapter Plate. Thanks to Alan Sinnott

Only have the car a sort while so will be spending time gathering parts for now along with Kieran who will getting the MX5 sorted. Here are the pic's of the car that we took on the way back from Dublin. I don't imagine there will be many more pic's for a few weeks. Shocking I know, the pic whore is loosing his touch.

Thanks for reading...

Last edited by Kruizer; 30-09-13 at 09:28.

Status
    User ID

that will be cool once finished! i lreally like the look of done up rx-8's , like mad mikes one

best of luck with it dude , and make sure ya finish it

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Ah man what am I doin on Driftireland full a pills at 9 o clock in the mornin fml

driftireland Staff - Moderator
    Status
    User ID

interesting, best of luck with it dude, is it staying red?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
    that will be cool once finished! i lreally like the look of done up rx-8's , like mad mikes one

best of luck with it dude , and make sure ya finish it
    Mad Mike's is king and always will be, Triple Rotor Once off wide arches, its just awesome, pure and simple... Ah this one will be finished alright, booked in for a cage start of Feb, windscreen out jobbie, in the mean time I'll be stripping the sack outta the car

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    interesting, best of luck with it dude, is it staying red?
    Not to bother on paint for the minute, just wanna get her running and driving, will have to get new coilovers for her as there aren't that many of these floating around on aftermarket suspension. Reckon I'll just go with HSD's from Dave. EP Racing front bumper, sideskirts and an FD3S rear diffuser... Found fibreglass doors for her too so if funds allow they will be purchased but not before she is mechanically sorted...

Status
    User ID

best of luck with it Brendan. cant wait to see how it turns out. you going for big power?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

ha i knew about this before anyone,fairplay brendan it will be a savage motor when finished

di Member
    Status
    User ID

if its anything like the tezza she'll be mint lad , best of luck with it! keep us updated anyways.

Status
    User ID

Never ceasing to amaze Brendan!! Looking forward to seeing the build!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin k View Post
    best of luck with it Brendan. cant wait to see how it turns out. you going for big power?
    No lad, around 320bhp, nothing too fancy, remember I can't drift so what goes out nice and shiney will more than likely come back a missile...

Quote Originally Posted by geordier1 View Post
    ha i knew about this before anyone,fairplay brendan it will be a savage motor when finished
    You did indeed dude Can't wait to see your build, it is gonna be awesome fella, nom, nom, nom....

Quote Originally Posted by conor ryan View Post
    if its anything like the tezza she'll be mint lad , best of luck with it! keep us updated anyways.
    Hopefully it'll be nothing like the Altezza, no interest in daily drivers anymore, more than likely sell the Works soon enough too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Never ceasing to amaze Brendan!! Looking forward to seeing the build!
    Thanks alot Jay, hope to make it purposeful more than anything...

Little update on the car, she should be lighter soon enough also

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Nice wan Bren

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!