Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default My sierra build....

Well since my tramper sierra decided to shit herself last month ive decided to go all out and do it someway right this time....collected my new shell last friday nite,she's a 2.9 12V V6 with a little niceys like koni's,polybushed,ashley system with scorpion rear box,its got a cossie spoiler and grille so must get a cossie front bumper to finish off the aesthitic side of things.Im going with a 24V BOA Cosworth lump which i should have in my possesion middle of the week.Doing the conversion is being made much simpler by already havin a v6 shell,it means i dont have to change the tank,lines,pump,box,flywheel and starter!! im hoping with a few little mods to have bout 220bhp and over 200lb ft of torque,all n/a of course!! Still undecided on what rear set up im going with yet,either 2l back drums,push in shafts and my "custom" handbrake for those of ye that saw it in my tramper or disc setup,bolt on shafts and a hydro which is proper the favoured option with the extra power!! So heres a brief spec list of how it will be all going well in a months time,im hoping to put the car together for D-rift on the 4th july and strip her down end off season and seam weld the shell etc when all nigglys ares sorted....

90 Sierra Sapphire Shell
    24V BOA Cosworth
    MT75x Gearbox and quickshift
    Lightened Flywheel
    Viscous Fan removed
    Twin Electric Fans
    Pipercross Filter
    Twin pipe ashley system
    Polycarbonate Windows
    Full Safety Devices cage
    Cobra Monaco and Willians harness
    Modified Granada Steering Rack
    Polybushed
    Cosworth 28mm Front ARB

Thats all i can think of off hand,theres another few small bits il add them as it goes on...gonna test the car as is with the 12V in Watergrasshill next monday hopefully if i can get a few bits sorted and see what needs to be done apart from the engine,so all coments welcome ,il have plenty pics coming!!

Status
    User ID

Nice one lad gonna be sum bus

Cool

sounds good! looking forward to pics!

cheers lads,collecting engine tomor nite hopefully and il get pics of that and shell up shortly...must put in 60mm lowering springs,handbrake cables and lever,seat and harness and cage for monday.....

pics of cage ready to go in...

not actual engine but identical....

Ordered Polycarbonate today for the windows.....thought it be much dearer,bout 70quid for enough to do the 4 sides,well happy,collectin engine,loom,ecu and down pipes in the morning!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Is that lump very heavy paul?

400 horses............. 1 jockey

I dont have or could never find tech specs for the weight of it frank but the block is actually quite small and it has two alloy heads which helps,that coupled with the removal of automatic tensioners,air con pump,possibly power steering pump should be alot less,ive a manual alternator tensioner put on mine and all il be running for a start is that,water pump and bottom pulley,should help power a bit too!!Must make up my downpipes both with decats,lighten my flywheel,blank off the egr valve,short ram intake pipe,removing viscous fan im hoping for over 220bhp and well higher that 200lb/ft torque!!

My 24v,loom and downpipes....

Springs wouldnt come out this way!!!