Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel-Dick View Post
    look ive thought about the same conversion aloada times and its just not worth the hassle, u say sr20 engine is cheaper than m3? an m3 evo wil go strate in hassle free and bang uve 320bhp. by the time u buy an sr20, buy a bb turbo maybe injectors and z32 afm, the get custom mounts made, custom fmic pipin, custom exhaust, wire it, then IF u manage all that and get it running ull have ta go spend 750 euro gettin an ecu mapped and fit it to get it 2 about the same power as the m3 engine and i garantee ull be after spendin 2 or 3 times the money ud spend on a m3 engine and alot more stress and hardship and time!
    yeah i see what you mean, and i suppose when ya add it all up etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy drifter View Post
    listen to this man he knows what hes on about i've thought about puttin a 1 jz into mine but i seen sense and got a 328i stay bmw power its easy in the long run
    im for stayin with the 2.5 for now anyway and if it goes pop (touch wood it dosnt for a long time) then ill be investing in a 2.8 or something

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by driftfan View Post
    yeah i see what you mean, and i suppose when ya add it all up etc...

im for stayin with the 2.5 for now anyway and if it goes pop (touch wood it dosnt for a long time) then ill be investing in a 2.8 or something
    use a good quality oil good coolant larger rad and dont rev the head off the engine you wont blow it very handy

Quote Originally Posted by git View Post
    u just talk nice to me or ill tell john to make that cage out of timber and then we see who passes scrutiny

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    That car was an absolute piece of shite!! He got the brain wave of using all the S body suspension an stuff too and got the geometry seriously wrong!! Wasn't the SR20's fault!!

Dont think he swapped to a M3 lump, i think and HOPE he chopped the poor E30 shell up into little pieces an fucked it away..
    She was some bus to handle alright, I think he is doin Time Attack with it now

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy drifter View Post
    use a good quality oil good coolant larger rad and dont rev the head off the engine you wont blow it very handy
    i have brand new castrol gtx oil there that i still have to put in and ill be getting a bigger rad and electric fan very soon

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by driftfan View Post
    i have brand new castrol gtx oil there that i still have to put in and ill be getting a bigger rad and electric fan very soon
    thats the shot go drifting and practice and have fun with the engine you wont regret it

Quote Originally Posted by git View Post
    u just talk nice to me or ill tell john to make that cage out of timber and then we see who passes scrutiny

di Member
    Status
    User ID

you can rev the nuts off those engines all you want. just give the coolant systemabit of attention and your good to go.

SR20 into an E36 is a waste of time. its just about worthwhile in an E30. do it right in one of those and it can be an amazing car (as much as it kills me to say it!)

for an E36, unless you want 6 or 700bhp in which case stick a 1JZ into it.

you can easily have 250bhp from a 328 engine which will bolt in and run in a few hours and also be the same weight or similar to a 318iS or SR20 engine and cost at most a 1000 euro all in.

an M3 engine can make upto 350bhp with just a re-map and things and upto 380 is possible with cams. ok cams arw expensive but at least there is fuckall work in dropping the M3 engine into it for 300bhp out of the box.

rather than pissing around with mounts, manifolds, wiring and other shit for weeks or months and still have maybe less power before you spend another few grand on the eng

di Member
    Status
    User ID

That e30 had the engine taken out and is now in a oneiva the shell has been sittin there ever since, It was a test of what could be achieved the fact that it drove was an acomplishment the handling just never followed.

Sig removed - See rules

Status
    User ID

It was james o connell i was actually on about not that e30 that put s14 suspension in

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Famous jh View Post
    That car was an absolute piece of shite!! He got the brain wave of using all the S body suspension an stuff too and got the geometry seriously wrong!! Wasn't the SR20's fault!!

Dont think he swapped to a M3 lump, i think and HOPE he chopped the poor E30 shell up into little pieces an fucked it away..
    It was mr jh i was replying to man

Sig removed - See rules

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_S15 View Post
    That e30 had the engine taken out and is now in a oneiva the shell has been sittin there ever since, It was a test of what could be achieved the fact that it drove was an acomplishment the handling just never followed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_S15 View Post
    It was mr jh i was replying to man
    Lolz, was he trying to prove a point? Bit of a waste of time ha

But yea, whatever your into I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot