Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default sr20 swap into E36

hello folks, i am thinking of doing an sr swap but i want to know how hard and whats needed etc... i no that u need to move the sump towards the back and u need transmission mounts etc but what is is really needed? much help would be appreciated with links etc

Status
    User ID

what happend to project ''keeping it cheap''? lol its been done alot ull find build threads if u google it

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel-Dick View Post
    what happend to project ''keeping it cheap''? lol its been done alot ull find build threads if u google it
    ahaa well sure i might be able to get one cheap enough lol but we'll see what happens

di Member
    Status
    User ID

its a handy enought conversion a mate of mine built one about 2 yr ago,,,,, think the engine mounts and wiring was about the hardest part of it......the tread is on ere somewhere,,,,, i"ll try get ya info on where the tread is hiding

but as above its being done loads of times so treads should be plentyfull on ere

Status
    User ID

Dont waste your time some lad on here done a e30 sr20 and could not get it to handle right then he swaped over to a m3 lump and going well since m3 is the way to go fast plenty torque and more reliable

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by jap scrap View Post
    Dont waste your time some lad on here done a e30 sr20 and could not get it to handle right then he swaped over to a m3 lump and going well since m3 is the way to go fast plenty torque and more reliable
    That car was an absolute piece of shite!! He got the brain wave of using all the S body suspension an stuff too and got the geometry seriously wrong!! Wasn't the SR20's fault!!

Dont think he swapped to a M3 lump, i think and HOPE he chopped the poor E30 shell up into little pieces an fucked it away..

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

Status
    User ID

m3 engine is far dearer and sr20's are easyer to upgrade, but dont think im gonna go with it atm

Status
    User ID

look ive thought about the same conversion aloada times and its just not worth the hassle, u say sr20 engine is cheaper than m3? an m3 evo wil go strate in hassle free and bang uve 320bhp. by the time u buy an sr20, buy a bb turbo maybe injectors and z32 afm, the get custom mounts made, custom fmic pipin, custom exhaust, wire it, then IF u manage all that and get it running ull have ta go spend 750 euro gettin an ecu mapped and fit it to get it 2 about the same power as the m3 engine and i garantee ull be after spendin 2 or 3 times the money ud spend on a m3 engine and alot more stress and hardship and time!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel-Dick View Post
    look ive thought about the same conversion aloada times and its just not worth the hassle, u say sr20 engine is cheaper than m3? an m3 evo wil go strate in hassle free and bang uve 320bhp. by the time u buy an sr20, buy a bb turbo maybe injectors and z32 afm, the get custom mounts made, custom fmic pipin, custom exhaust, wire it, then IF u manage all that and get it running ull have ta go spend 750 euro gettin an ecu mapped and fit it to get it 2 about the same power as the m3 engine and i garantee ull be after spendin 2 or 3 times the money ud spend on a m3 engine and alot more stress and hardship and time!
    listen to this man he knows what hes on about i've thought about puttin a 1 jz into mine but i seen sense and got a 328i stay bmw power its easy in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by git View Post
    u just talk nice to me or ill tell john to make that cage out of timber and then we see who passes scrutiny

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Stupid engine swaps is something I think of, for your own sanity don't think about it!!!

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!