Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Si's 180sx Build

Hey,

Thought i'd get started on a build thread. The cars was fairly clean and surprisingly healthy 180 I bought off a mate for good money. Was pretty much standard when I got it, only really shitty coilovers in it.

I put a few bits and pieces on to get me through last year while I was learning to slide.. When I got this car, I had never driven a rear wheel drive car before So my first day out in mondello was stupidly embarrassing to say the least, finishing up with a wanked clutch early Thereafter, I made it out to nearly every drift day in mondello and the M1 drift days and pushed myself and the car every chance I had to learn new things. Safe to say.. i'm addicted!

To get me through last year, I added the basic bits and pieces.. Front mount, manifold, elbow, straight through exhaust, gtr fuel pump, oil cooler, boost controller, hydro, gauges, bucket seat, steering wheel. I left the body completely as is, because I knew i'd be creaming tyre walls and bails.
    With the boost up at a bar on the standard t25g she had plenty of poke, 3rd gear not a bother.

This is how I got it, the back and passenger side door had crash damage and the front had slight damage

THE PLAN
    Fully rebuild the engine boring her it out to an SR22
    rb25 gearbox conversion
    Get adj coilovers and all the arms set-up. Map on a Nistune board
    Get the roll cage in
    Some kit, over fenders etc

First things first, never bothered to take out the sound deadening last year, so out it came with alot of cursing and chiselling

Removed a lot of the excess weight out of the doors, leaving just the rail holding the windows up.

Last week, I picked up a z32, r33 rotors and callipers, braided turbo and water lines.
    I Started putting the brakes on the weekend, drilling the discs (discs or disks?) out to accommodate my 4 stud hubs. I realized I needed the wheel spacers to clear new callipers, so didn't get them on just yet.

Ordered all the sr23 gear the weekend. Everything but the Brian Crower Cams, retainers and springs, which will be hopefully next month

CP Pistons 90.0mm/ 9.0:1
    Darton Sleeves 86-90mm
    Eagle Chromoly Forged Rods
    ACL Race Main & Rod Bearings
    Thrust Washers
    OE Timing Chain kit
    OEM Complete Engine Gasket kit
    Intake & Exhaust valve stems
    ARP Head Studs
    ARP Rod Bolts
    ARP Main Studs

Any way fuck me that took a while to do.. i'll add on as I progress with it

Cheers,
    Si

Last edited by si_berry; 25-04-12 at 15:53.

Status
    User ID

nice project lad! this will turn out well, keep the updates coming

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Good man Si, your not wasting any time!

http://tyresdublin.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tyre-...42971845756587

Quote Originally Posted by daz1996 View Post
    fair enough and all that but you make it sound like your fuckin james bond risking your life everytime you take a few pics

di Member
    Status
    User ID

nice litle project lad good work keep it up..

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Sounds like this will be an interesting car....Do you think thats gtss is a bit off waste straped to the side off an sr22?

Thats the craic she said with one leg on the dash and nothing on but the radio............

..................!
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by 200sx View Post
    Sounds like this will be an interesting car....Do you think thats gtss is a bit off waste straped to the side off an sr22?
    Also think this.... Fair play lad gonna be a cool little car when your finished.... Updating build threads takes longer that building the car sometimes.... Keep it up lad good work....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZigen View Post
    It takes no talent, sacrifice or commitment to be a critic. Fact!

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Great work, very impressed the day I was out with you on track. Best of luck with it!!

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by driftfan View Post
    nice project lad! this will turn out well, keep the updates coming
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnynphats200 View Post
    Good man Si, your not wasting any time!
    Quote Originally Posted by ian g sr20 View Post
    nice litle project lad good work keep it up..
    cheers lads, slowly but surely it will come together

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    Also think this.... Fair play lad gonna be a cool little car when your finished.... Updating build threads takes longer that building the car sometimes.... Keep it up lad good work....
    Was thinking the same lads. Just happened to have it there and it seemed the cheapest option.. A gt3071 would really be the job. Just don't want to be going power mad. Suppose I'll see how i'm fixed before I get the map, haven't even started and the wallets empty!

Quote Originally Posted by pole drift View Post
    Great work, very impressed the day I was out with you on track. Best of luck with it!!
    sound Joe, make sure you get out yourself next year

di Member
    Status
    User ID

why sr22 if you dont want mad power?...that turbo will be under big pressure at the 380 mark....Best off luck anyway man

Thats the craic she said with one leg on the dash and nothing on but the radio............

di Member
    Status
    User ID

why sr22 if you dont want mad power?...that turbo will be under big pressure at the 380 mark....Best off luck anyway man
    Was initially going to just put the 86mm pistons in but then I was thinking when everythings apart its worth it for the extra few quid getting the block bored for the 90mm. I'm sure they'll also be a bit more torque with 22 aswell

Ye i'm told 360 is pushing max flow with gtss. Dead right, bigger turbo..