Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roll cage for nct

well not sure if this is the right section but whats the story with putting a car through an nct that has a roll cage welded in? will it pass?

Status
    User ID

nearly sure weld ins dont pass . bolts ins do tho .

but you can chance you arm .

Status
    User ID

use the search button, this has been asked a million times ans simple answer is no weld ins wont pass, bolt-ins will pass!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Weld in with "pretend bolts"

Could chance it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM-sport View Post
    Weld in with "pretend bolts"

Could chance it anyway.
    ha i may try that if it doesnt go through the 1st time

I cant understand how making your car safer would result in your car being unroadworthy for the nct.. its bollox like

A roll cage is only safer if your harnessed into a seat and wearing a helmet otherwise its just a selection of steel pipes inside your car to hit your head against in a crash.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

thats a tough one there,,,, cause i brought my mates car foe the test last tuesday in carlow and it has a full cage through the dash and the tester didn"t even bath an eye on the cage,,, half of it is wielded at the min and the other half is bolted,,,, why??? because it was bought as a second hand cage without the plates so he wielded em in and bolted up the rest so i think its like most places and its the testers decression weather or not he"ll let it pass and on this ocassion he did considering there isn"t any seats or interior and half the dash is missing it was a full track car that he decided to put back on the road,,,,,but at the end of it all it was 8 times over on emesssions so it failed on this and nutin else..... so make up your own mind about it,,,,, let it in and see wat happens,,,
    hope this helps ya......

Status
    User ID

Asked the NCT man about this as he was handing back my cert. He told me that roll cages were fine.
    So I asked if they needed to be bolt in or is welded ok, and two of them looked at each other and said bolt in. As I was walking away they called me back and said "really there's no regulations about rollcages, you can do what ya like, weld it in if you want, just make sure it's not held in with superglue." is what he told me.

So like most things in the NCT it's down to who ya get on the day!
    sham

Status
    User ID

weld ins can 100% pass. I know about regulations etc, but I know for a fact they can pass. If they are meant to or not I don't know but I have been handed certs for two cars with weld in cages.

Status
    User ID

Once the welds are tidy it won't fail. I was told this by a tester and mine went through. But you might get an old lad that doesn't appreciate climbing over door bars who'll fail you.

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121