Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

it's garrett 2871r equivalent i'd say, both in terms of top power and spool (think td05 gives more torque low down) if mapped correctly

can flow up to 390bhp @2 bar on 4g63 engine, but bear in mind 4g63 has super big exhaust ports that help the flow

The fact is what is it like when it works......

Status
    User ID

sorry about bother u ,how did u get a chip to the the this turbo ,the 560cc injectors and z32 maf i got the same set up ,but with a sr20det flywheel and clucth and now just missing the the chip to run the 560cc injectors

thats a wicked project

thanks

Administrator
    Status
    User ID

i just got my rb20det back with td05, 440cc injectors and a map in tdp, 389bhp at the fly! cheap turbo for good power!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    i just got my rb20det back with td05, 440cc injectors and a decent map, 389bhp at the fly! cheap turbo for good power!
    your turbo is a greddy tdo5 petard!!

Administrator
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    your turbo is a greddy tdo5 petard!!
    Is it? Serial number brings up Mitsubishi!?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

mistsi make greddy turbos, look at your elbo it is a 3 bolt flange and has a greddy stamped on it??

Administrator
    Status
    User ID

mistsi make greddy turbos,
    didn't know that! I'll have a look later sure. I Googled the serial number when I bought the turbo and I just remember it coming up as standard evo turbo and some galants! Of course that could be wrong but thats what it said!

Does the job anyways and that's all that matters

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Mitsi evo turbos have a stupid odd shape mani flange yours is t3. Propper job. Dont ever belive the interweb!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-ca18det View Post
    sorry about bother u ,how did u get a chip to the the this turbo ,the 560cc injectors and z32 maf i got the same set up ,but with a sr20det flywheel and clucth and now just missing the the chip to run the 560cc injectors

thats a wicked project

thanks
    I got a chip from turbonoz off good old ebay, this was only one available for reasonable money (I think it cost me 100 euro for injectors and chip). Worked well as a mid-term solution. Proper map would be much better though.

Mitsi evo turbos have a stupid odd shape mani flange yours is t3. Propper job. Dont ever belive the interweb!
    Mitsi turbine housings have proper twin scroll design and big double wastegate making garrett/greddy units look like a joke in comparison which you prob know by the way. Sticking those turbos on other cars is odd, I agree as those turbos are matched to their 4g63's much better than to Ca's but it was the housings design that pushed me to all this excersise.

There is a greddy equivalent t517z with t25 flange as well but I don't understand that greddy hype nor I would pay for it.

If I was doing same setup again first I'd consider if I need this power in first place as I learned that response and overall car balance are most important hence T28r would win hands down. We fitted once (in kinda emergency, with a bit of core rotation) a T25 from CA18det onto SR20det and guess what, my friend who drove that car for a long time said that it was the best turbo that was on it ever!!! On the Cashel-Clonmel road there was nothing that would beat him, sideways or not, lol.

If I was looking for more powah again, I'd go for one of kinugawa turbo's ebay specials TD05-18g or TD05-20G, these have same hot side housing as t517z hence are bolt on.

The fact is what is it like when it works......

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

http://www.driftireland.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=28073

Kingunawa FTW!!
    Gonna try their TD06 on a RB25 , will report back on results arnie