Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=carpo;280017]1. Is there any advantage to splashing out the extra cash for a JZX100 engine over a jzx90 other than single turbo and Variable valve timing??

1.Yes far better engine with the vvti head makes power more easy on bottom,get the right turbo and you will have 0% lag,

2. If i decide to go with the JZX90 engine (twin turbo), Can you make that engine single turbo, if so, what turbo and manifold do i use, what else will i have to do, what cost am i looking at to make it single turbo, and will the standard jzx90 ecu still run it properly minus a turbo or will i need a management system??

2.If you can pick a jzx90 engine up,get it as it comes stock with front sump and if its fresh from japan it may have low km,as if you go getting a soarer engine from uk it could have like 200,000 miles done and only crap oil ever put into it,that even if it was ever looked after...if you want to see nice power with stock cams go with the gt30 or if you like to get 550+ get 35r and fit a set of a/m cams,just get a japspeed manifold as good as any when braced,your stock ecu wont run a single turbo set up,so u will need some sort of management,i have a greddy blue emanage here with a jz harness if any interest

3. In your opinion which engine is the better option for a man on a budget and why..

3.jzx90 front sump engine will make 800+ for a good one,jzx100 engine will make 1200+ with everything,what kind of power you after..!!

4. And finally for now, what actions should definitely be taken when running this engine in a 180sx.. eg, Oil cooler, What size intercooler, rad, fuel pump etc etc..

4.I use a big intercooler,70mm rad,3 x fuel pumps,used to have a oil cooler and took it off,car never runs over 85 deg...after 5 or 6 laps maybe 95 max

Thanks Christy, Much appreciated, All of the above is very helpful.. The engine will be relatively standard apart from intercooler and usual stuff.. i wont be able to afford a better turbo just yet.. The 100 is pullin me in already.. Can you provide every jzx100 part il need to convert the 180, ie full fresh jap engine, all anciliries, two manifolds, standard turbo, R154 with extended shifter, bla bla bla.. Anything il need to have the car running standard.. If so can you put a price on it, Pm me if you want to.. Thanks again

FIND AND LIKE THE DRIFT SHED PAGE ON FACEBOOK.. THANKS !!

Status
    User ID

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    Proper engine and not a boat anchor....!
    I can Smell a 1JZ vs SR20 battle a brewing.... Ha Ha..

di Member
    Status
    User ID

im planing a 1j conversion aswell for my ps13

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by patt View Post
    im planing a 1j conversion aswell for my ps13
    If you find out anything useful on your travels be sure to let me know..

Status
    User ID

I'd imagine Yowdy would have a few tips and tricks for ya lad

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Some say wide wheels and skinny women fear him. Some say vice versa.
    Team Manfoot

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

i have no 1jz's left..only have two spare vvti heads and a 2jz bottom end..but im keeping them as i want to build 1.5jz vvti

i have a complete fresh 2jz twin turbo and r154 if your interested.or if your after a import 1jz vvti best give dave o'hara a buzz

Status
    User ID

You would be surprised how deep you're pockets will have to go to do a proper job on a oneJ.if you looked at a sr running good horse's you've save you in the long run.what can i say like the simple life ha ha

di Member
    Status
    User ID

1j is a riduculose swap if you are on a budget as ytou have said, why spend loads of money to have a stock powered 1j in ur nissan????????

buy a decent running sr20 400-600
    s15 turbo 200-250
    fuel pump 80
    fuel pressure reg 40-50
    clutch+ flywheel 300
    rb20-25 afm 100
    some form of intercooler 150
    exhaust 100
    nistune and propper map 650

that is going to be a good 300-340 bhp all day long with no fucking around dont forget if you are on a budget mate there is an awful lot of 100euros here and 200 euro there when doing an engine swap like getting a prop shaft made is gong to be 200euros alone

!.......
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    Proper engine and not a boat anchor....!
    lollers! Glorified micra engine!

Site Trader: TDP - Trackday Performance
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    1j is a riduculose swap if you are on a budget as ytou have said, why spend loads of money to have a stock powered 1j in ur nissan????????

buy a decent running sr20 400-600
    s15 turbo 200-250
    fuel pump 80
    fuel pressure reg 40-50
    clutch+ flywheel 300
    rb20-25 afm 100
    some form of intercooler 150
    exhaust 100
    nistune and propper map 650

that is going to be a good 300-340 bhp all day long with no fucking around dont forget if you are on a budget mate there is an awful lot of 100euros here and 200 euro there when doing an engine swap like getting a prop shaft made is gong to be 200euros alone
    Well said Gem.

If you have a good budget then do the 1 jz conversion. If you have limited funds do a SR.

Robbie