Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    we put this thread up yesterday drunk...banter is all

is that blue ae86 actualy only a 16v on the topic of power???
    haha i remember how drunk you were when you started this thread!! wankered up on booze hahahahaha!

!.......
    Status
    User ID

To be fair and I dont mean this in a bad way,This weekend is the first weekend Ive seen that car actually have grip!
    Ennis and Fermoy is had zero pace,For some reason it could actually shift and pull a gap instead of banging and spinning wheels!
    Absolute talented angry agressive little fuck of a driver! Would hate to have the be the following car or to have him on my ass in a twin battle!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stonie View Post
    Duane spun infront of Christy in fairness just came in to hot,, but that's a different story can happen anyone, spun myself in my first battle,,,
    Your prob right there, he did come in a bit too fast, the commentator said the crash happened because of Mckeevers Tie-Rod breaking. Me thinks it was christys front bumper, thats all but had a savage wkend all the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Mick K View Post
    To be fair and I dont mean this in a bad way,This weekend is the first weekend Ive seen that car actually have grip!
    Ennis and Fermoy is had zero pace,For some reason it could actually shift and pull a gap instead of banging and spinning wheels!
    Absolute talented angry agressive little fuck of a driver! Would hate to have the be the following car or to have him on my ass in a twin battle!
    i was only saying that earlier, being stuck in smoke from duanes car or something with that smokeyness must be seriously scary shit on a track as unforgiving as punchestown when ya cant see a thing!

Keepin it Chaos
    Status
    User ID

for sure. Duane can drive. for a 15/16 year old to drive a car like his does. u kinda have to a head on ya to do it even without bhp. God bless the instructor when he does his driving test in a year or 2. lol! haha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

di Member
    Status
    User ID

maybe will is implying it would be interesting, not sure he was putting him down! theres no denying hes a serious driver alrite!
    thanks petey, i think i gave off the way wrong impression here!

first off, i have absolutely nothing against the chap, he is a very talented driver well able to stick it to the older lads, and i did genuinly feel gutted for him when he crashed out, it was unfortunate.

however, in terms of "chequebook motorsport" being used, i mean to get an rb26 to 800bhp still costs big big bucks, well out of the range of most drivers and i think it kind of takes away from the fun a little bit imo. For example, an 800bhp car against a 200bhp car is never going to be fair unless on a tight technical track, and at that part your nearly gone past i think pitching the quality of drivers against each other, but at that stage about what the car is capable of.

(at this point i would like to point out i am not a driver, and its not from a drivers point of view, just from a spectators point of view and it was something i overheard a few times over the course of the weekend)

I completely understand what gem etc said about it being hard to drive a car of that power on a slow track, power bands etc, and as i said very good pilot, dont take any of this as being personal!

Apologies again for seeming like a cunt

Status
    User ID

i was only saying that earlier, being stuck in smoke from duanes car or something with that smokeyness must be seriously scary shit on a track as unforgiving as punchestown when ya cant see a thing!
    with no roof and no visor I can safely say yes! Thats why I tried to overtake him sure.....so I could breathe lol!!

Status
    User ID

Well I for one think Pro-Drift weekend is all the better for having Duane there. Forgetting the fact he is only 15, the country needs people to push the limits, both of themselves and of the cars, in order to progress and I understand 800bhp is a big push, but for me, all the different cars, power, engine swaps etc is what makes it so exciting.

Sure if power caps came in you may as well get everyone in the same cars too.

I think that all the talk he generates for the sport is obviously good and I for one rate him very highly as a driver and seeing him in a lesser powered car dosnt really enter my head. Dont forget having him and that car draws attention and surely will help with sponsors.

I say he shouldn't be allowed enter another event until that yoke pushes over 1000bhp

What sort of power does Nick Quely have in the r32??

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Trixta View Post
    with no roof and no visor I can safely say yes! Thats why I tried to overtake him sure.....so I could breathe lol!!
    werent far off either love the mx5 and that young duane is going places very consistent and entertaining behind the wheel

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stonie View Post
    I actually can not believe some of the comments on this thread,, ye obviously have no idea what ye are talking about!! Duane is a savage pilot, it has nothing to do with his car, yes he has horsepower and a well set up car BUT it's sweet fuck all good to you if you can't steer it!!!! And another thing everyone thinks because you have loads of power it's easy to drive, it's far from it iv driven plenty of high horsepower cars in different forms of Motorsport and your reaction times have to be alot faster,,, it's totally unfair to come on here and say duane done well this weekend because of his car, he done well because he can fucking drive end of!! Pisses me right off seeing this to be honest!! I talked to duane and his dad a couple of times over the weekend and nicer lads you wouldn meet and I hope bullshit comments like in this thread won't discourage duane from coming to future events!!!
    i would nearly go as saying fact,, wel said brendan