Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Status
    User ID

Having a bit of a pain with this recently....No pictures of this yet.

Got the car back from the auto electrician and less than 24 hours the headlights stopped popping up, cigarette lighter stopped working, auto lockin not working and cigarette lighter stopped working.

Was sickened having to drop the car back again after I spent so much. But I got it back a few days later and all good again!

Started the car in the garage a day later, closed the door, went to open garage doors, came back to get in the car......FUCK! Forgot about the new auto locking with the new alarm/immob and central locking. I only have one key and as I just got it back the spare fob was in the car.

Tried prickin about with a hanger, then heard the electric fans cutting in as the car was getting too hot so had to man up and smashed the passenger side window to get in and turn it off. Was absolutely sickened having to break into my own car ha ha

Anyway bought a brand new 40mm core Alloy Rad, I.L. Motorsports, from mx5parts, and a new window fitted last weekend and car is running perfect now, or so I thought!

Went for a quick spin and the headlights stopped popping up on the stalk. So back in the garage again waiting to go back to the auto electrician again!

Status
    User ID

IMG_5597 by davemx-5, on Flickr

Quick pic of the new Rad installed!

Fresh Nct sorted for the year and bought myself some 15inch wheels for nct.

Still having problems with the alarm, central locking and headlights...

Last edited by Dave; 04-02-16 at 23:40.

Status
    User ID

Well this has had to go back to the mechanic once again after more problems with the alarm and central locking.

On the plus side I found a mazdaspeed a spec front bumper that should be on its way to me soon. Its just had some fiberglass cracking fixed and fresh coat of primer. So I'll be getting a fresh coat of pz black on when it arrives and get some pics up then.
    Going to put 3 months tax on it now in august and hopefully put up a few miles on it when I'm home for a few weeks.

Here's a few pictures of the bumper as it stands:

received_10209578934859071 by davemx-5, on Flickr

Status
    User ID

Oil filter, air filter, and oil change done in March, then off to nct and failed on air filter housing bracket.

20180325_195935 by davemx-5, on Flickr

I bought a cobalt back box and dropped it to the mechanic, with all new exhaust gaskets from manifold back and to get the air filter housing bracket fixed.

Here's a shitty picture of the cobalt exhaust. Delighted with the exhaust, well worth the money and would highly recommend.

20180327_212652 by davemx-5, on Flickr

This is now back out of hibernation and took the hardtop off.

The softtop had shrunk, I had to leave the car in the sun for a full day to stretch it back to normal.

20180506_164754 by davemx-5, on Flickr

I noticed the car was getting warm and if I put the air onto hot, the problem stopped. Checked the thermostat, and didnt open at all so was swiftly replaced.

2018-05-26_10-17-17 by davemx-5, on Flickr

Took it for a 200km spin around Donegal today around the coast, top down the whole way and managed to get burnt with factor 50 on. It's such a fun car and so involving to drive and not much danger of loosing your license as your never going as fast as you feel.

20180526_135101 by davemx-5, on Flickr

I've finally got Mazdaspeed sideskirts to match the front bumper so plan is to get a rusty sil, the sideskirts and front bumper painted up and fitted asap.

I'v also been filling the sidelight holes up on a spare mx5 bumper to match up with the mazdaspeed front bumper.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    ... It's such a fun car and so involving to drive and not much danger of loosing your license as your never going as fast as you feel. ...
    I love this. Too many people focus on massive horsepower and don't truly enjoy the cars in a controlled environment. Although i've driven mx-5s and it's easy to get carried away Love the car, love the look. I can see these rocketing in value in coming years.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    I love this. Too many people focus on massive horsepower and don't truly enjoy the cars in a controlled environment. Although i've driven mx-5s and it's easy to get carried away Love the car, love the look. I can see these rocketing in value in coming years.
    Cheers Larz. I would love to turbo the car etc however, as you say about the controlled environment, I don't want to ruin that drivability. I have a td04 there, just need manifold, downpipe and intercooler, ecu. But I'm enjoying driving it the way it is so not sure what to do.

Big exterior changes coming soon though I hope.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

They're a LOT of fun with a turbo. It doesn't make them difficult to drive although the sounds and performance are addictive so you'll need to be disciplined

Status
    User ID

Another year nct passed first time. Had to get 2 brake calipers greased and new wipers and that was it.

In it's fugly nct spec....

20181222_113810 by davemx-5, on Flickr

20181222_113825 by davemx-5, on Flickr

The clutch has let go in the car. Does any of the other mx-5 owners have any experience of the ebay XTD clutches? They look like extremely good back for buck. This one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTD-STAGE...O1dx:rk:3:pf:0

Some mx-5 owners I've seen rate them very highly.