Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I agree with my former lover

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ali-d1936 View Post
    fucking getting plagued with a little miss the last few weeks, its not a full misfire, but idling its rough and every now and again the car jerks a little, i thought it was a boost leak/bad earth/coilpack. so went over the earths and all was ok. so i took off all the pipes and looking into the intercooler the bottom inch was full of water

this is the result of a little tare on a silicone joiner, but on the upside that pritty much guaranteeing that i have a boost leak somewhere

(dont worry about the oil in the picture i was cleaning the joint in prep to put back on read somewhere a smeer of oil on all the joints helps with a seal)

so i drained it out and put all the pipes back on but still have it but its better than it was, so im stuck till i get the replacement joiner

so with the water drained from the inter cooler i was wondering if any damage was done,
    so i bought a compression tester,

and happly it showed 145PSI on all 4 cylinders,
    of course i got proof the best of the 4 photos i took >

some might think thats a bit low but reading up online iv seen people with 120psi and still have strong engines, so im happy,

i think its good for a car with 207K
    but ill do a wet test soon with a spoon of oil in each cylinder and see if it changes much

but one look at the plugs and i knew they had to be changed,

E78 for 4 new denso plugs recommended by nissan

old v new

took it out for a quick spin so make sure everything worked ok,

and
    Oh
    My
    God!!

the difference was black and white same kind of pick up low down but as the revs climbed the diffrence the new plugs made was unreal!! (not suprised as the old ones looked past there sell by date)

so latley iv been wondering what Mpg i was getting and its working out at 24MPG taking the average over 4 full tanks.
    so now ill do 4 full tanks again and see if the new plugs and no boost leaks give me better MPG

ah and this is what you car looks like when you use it every day

ill get around to washing it some day
    Ya I love that kit!

Quote Originally Posted by slithertooth View Post
    Just want to hail Dave Daly as local site hero!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    grange is actually a dick swinger... But don't believe everything you read in the papers...

Status
    User ID

so little update after it passed the NCT last year it was parked up for a year, last week i charged the battery and it started with the the first turn . It Started 2 more times within 5 minuites and now it wont, its getting fuel. i pulled a spark plug, earthed it off the block to test it, it wouldn't spark the first few times i try'ed, and then suddenly it sparked and the car started, i put the sparkplug back in and it wouldn't start again, i pulled the plugs again to test but now they wont spark at all.

I ran a diagnostic and it returned a 55 code (no fault codes present) i found this strange so i unpluged the CAS Turned the car over and ran diagnostic again and still it flashed a code of 55.... surly with the CAS unpluged the ecu would return a fault code for it?? I checked every fuse and relay to see if any where blown and they are all ok, Help i want to get it on the road for the summer

Status
    User ID

well it has been a while... 3 years of sitting up in a shed not starting due to a electrical fault that i just didnt have the time to source, and getting no love, i finally decided to pull it out of its corner and do some work
    pulled into the work area.

and started to strip it

my phone broke here so iv lost all the stripping of th eengine bay photos so im a bit concerned about putting it back together but i should be ok...
    anyway Rust!!

i think the car got a tip on the front corner and it was never properly repaired and left to rot, or when the hole for the FMIC was cut out it was left bare metal

either way it was rot right through so went cutting (i cut more than this but its the only photo i have)

and welded in some 2mm plate

I then wire wheeled back everything tidied up any more spots of rot, used Krust rust converter Gel, when that had finished treating used a Zinc primer over it,

then a Regular 2 pac primer, then 4 coats of a gray colur i picked at random at the Autofactors :thumbs:

and the finished outcome!!

now to stone chip over it and to make a start at the rear

can anyone just confirm that that is the right sequence for doing underneath the car

wire wheel the shit out of the Rust
    rough sand the paint with 240 grit paper
    use Krust rust converter Gel,
    clean off with white spirits,
    use 2 coats of zinc primer on bare metal.
    then use a etch primer on after wards
    and coat with undereal?

Last edited by ali-d1936; 05-08-16 at 10:52.

Status
    User ID

Etch primer first,, decent etch primer should mix 1:1 with a re-active thinner which is full of acid,, eats into the metal and prevents rust from reforming,

Status
    User ID

Thanks marty �� ! Can that be brushed on? As i only have a gravity fed gun and cant spray underneath. Any advice for something to shoot into the sills and rails?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by ali-d1936 View Post
    Thanks marty �� ! Can that be brushed on? As i only have a gravity fed gun and cant spray underneath. Any advice for something to shoot into the sills and rails?
    Cavity wax maybe? I bought a can of it to do mine. Haven't got that far yet tho.

Status
    User ID

Oh yeah-good work too. Mine had a couple of rusty spots aswell.