Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default The driftireland / DI Motorsport S14 (With TDP.ie & Jap Performance)

*We're delighted to announce that TrackDay Performance (TDP.ie) have teamed up with driftireland.com to build this, the 2011 driftireland S14*

Following my first year in competition last year in the driftireland 180SX, I managed to win the Prodrift Amateur Championship, and hope to again achieve some more great results in the Non-Seeded Pro Class in this S14 in 2011. With TrackDay Performances' knowledge and expertise in building top-end race, rally and drift cars behind us, its going to be all down to me now to try drive the car to its full potential!

So without further ado, I give you an outline of some of the plans TDP and I have in mind for the car;

CHASSIS:
    • A huge amount of chassis work is going to be carried out with this car, as its really important when building a competitive car that you start from the base - building the rest of the car around a fully rigid chassis incorporating a WRC spec cage which TDP will build for the S14. This rigid chassis and cage setup will allow us to run much softer suspension settings for maximum grip all round. This combined with a huge weight-loss program for the car should make it a very competitive setup!

SUSPENSION:
    • After the chassis work, we will focus on the suspension. All suspension arms are going to be designed and manufactured in-house at TDP, using CNC machined aero-spec billet alluminium and high quality German(SKF) rose-joints.. Steering modifications will tie-in with a custom front and rear suspension setup that will allow for lots of steering lock in the correct way, reducing the ackerman angle as much as possible for high speed drifting!

ENGINE & ELECTRONICS:
    • As TDP are a one-stop race car preparation shop, they will be taking care of all engine, drive-train and electronic issues. Using my healthy SR20DET engine from last year, it will be stripped down, machined, cleaned and rebuilt using Wossner forged pistons and the usual uprated componants. We will be running a Nistune ECU and a custom wiring loom to simplify the cars electronics and will further save weight.

Part one of the strip-down in the di HQ!

Willis giving a hand with the sound deadening

And with 4 cans of Tar and Crap remover, a perfectly clean floor

No sooner had the car arrived at TDP, out came the marker and plasma cutter
    as Robbie started cutting out some of the unnecessary weight from the rear of the car.

Part two of the strip-down in the TDP HQ- the lightweight plan with the plasma cutter!!

Thats all for now folks, I shall bring more updates throughout the week!

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Great to have you on board with us Jay, it's time to build a proper S-body

Status
    User ID

Looks savage, ill be keeping an eye on this thread.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

looks like its goa be some build..!

the very best of luck with it lads..

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Savage. Will be a great car, cant go wrong with Robbie & Co. Time is ticking tho, alot of late nights id say, best of luck in 2011 jay.

TEAM MANFOOT

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

best of luck with this jay, with a tdp built car and the drivin ability you have behind the wheel it its bound to succeed

Status
    User ID

Fuck! Should be sum car when its done How many non seeded and Pro's had nistune last year?

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Good luck Jay, your gonna do amazing in Prodrift this year with this.

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!

Status
    User ID

looking forward too seein this ready looks like its going too be a good one

Status
    User ID

I dont know when this was started but your leaving it seriously late when your startin from scratch.. However, i commend your efforts.. God speed be with you's. Enough philosophical shyte talk from me.. CANNNNOT WAIT! for prodrift this year.. So many brilliant builds goin on.. Great to see it.. Fair play to everyone concerned. Hope it goes well..

FIND AND LIKE THE DRIFT SHED PAGE ON FACEBOOK.. THANKS !!