Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    User ID

were only trying to help you! dont get upity! as everyine has said it depends what fuel your cars mapped for. but if you reckon you know better, by all means, fire away! and let us know how things go, always good to get some first hand experience!

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Gonna get it mapped during the week......thank you all for your very informative replies, im now a little more in the know.............

Mick bite my bag

TEAM MANFOOT

Well I'm guessing by your avatar that your the lad who bought bens chaser so I also assuming that he would have given you the rundown on the car including the fact that weston mapped for super unleaded which in the uk is 98/99 octane.
    It would be very unwise to have run that car in anger on anything other then the fuel it was mapped for. If topaz is e5 thats great for anyone with a standard ecu'd jap car but for a car with a custom map for uk super, e5 would be no better then 95 petrol as e5 has such differences in burning and temperature characteristics.

But if you know all the answers sure the thread was pointless!

www.inoc.ie
    Irish Nissan Owners Club

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Never said i knew the answers was just posting what i have learned!! I value your opinion and thank you for posting!! Ive decided to get her mapped to cope with the shite Fuel over here!! Was just looking for an alternative for Punchestown!!

Thank u all for your help!

TEAM MANFOOT

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Like a few others have said dont run anything if its not mapped right unless you have to. And then keep off WOT and no boost.

What ever fuel you get it mapped on will make power, higher octane reduces knock which will let you advance the timing more and will help give you more lovely torques.

If your going big power and want to run e85 you will have to spend a fair bit on your fueling set up.

use what ever petrol you can get easiest and get her mapped right, being reliable is the most important thing.