Status
    User ID

What method of timing are you using?

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Wayne is a mechanic also
    I know he is,, I am not a "mechanic" hence the comma things, I am an engine builder and I work on performance and race cars! There is a reason half our race car customers that are mechanics too, bring their race cars to us, because they work on the things they know and do well and we work on things that we know and do well,, it's the way it works!

Status
    User ID

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Wayne is a mechanic also
    Theirs a huge difference between a mechanic and someone that can build an engine dude wayne services cars and clutchs ect for a livin stone builds fast cars

Sig removed: size

di Member
    Status
    User ID

That is not the correct way to time an sr properly!!! It won't always work out at ten depending on engine machining!!

i have put over 10 sr's togeather and any i ve done theirs always been 10 links between the cams, i'm not claiming to be an engine builder or expert but in my opinion if you took enough of a head to need to change a tooth of timing in a chain it would be an alot. i asume thats what you mean by machining, also its not to clear in the pics is have the adjustable pulleys been moved, evan so it would be alot of adjusting to make a tooth of a chain,
    i have also set up after market cams with dial gauges etc, what method do you use?

Site Trader: TDP - Trackday Performance
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisl1484 View Post
    Theirs a huge difference between a mechanic and someone that can build an engine dude wayne services cars and clutchs ect for a livin stone builds fast cars
    The reason I am not interested is that the cams are wrong IMO for the spec of the engine and the results will suffer.

Robbie

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    That is not the correct way to time an sr properly!!! It won't always work out at ten depending on engine machining!!

i have put over 10 sr's togeather and any i ve done theirs always been 10 links between the cams, i'm not claiming to be an engine builder or expert but in my opinion if you took enough of a head to need to change a tooth of timing in a chain it would be an alot. i asume thats what you mean by machining, also its not to clear in the pics is have the adjustable pulleys been moved, evan so it would be alot of adjusting to make a tooth of a chain,
    i have also set up after market cams with dial gauges etc, what method do you use?
    Well I am an engine builder and the methhod we use works no matter about head machining ect,,,
    And don't bother starting to talk about dial gauges and the likes, there is measuring equipment in work that anyone could only dream of it would take too long to go into all that tho, we know what we are doing,,,!

Status
    User ID

How many degrees did you allow for dialing in the cams with no oil pressure in the hydraulic lifters ?

Robbie

di Member
    Status
    User ID

it was in 4age twincam with a shims so no hydralic lifters,
    thats an interesting question do to which i dont no the answer, how much would you allow, (dont claim to be an expert was just giving my opinion)i also played around with cams in an integra which you mapped an air fuel controller in after and you did't adjust them you were happy with them, by the way the integra owner is happy with the car since you were at it.

Status
    User ID

it was in 4age twincam with a shims so no hydralic lifters,
    thats an interesting question do to which i dont no the answer, how much would you allow, (dont claim to be an expert was just giving my opinion)i also played around with cams in an integra which you mapped an air fuel controller in after and you did't adjust them you were happy with them, by the way the integra owner is happy with the car since you were at it.
    I thought you were talking about dialling in an SR engine. Some engines are easier than others. In the end of the day without a dyno you cant be sure if the cams are correct. On a SR you need to allow about -2 crank degrees for when there is 6 bar of pressure in the lifters. Still at that we use the accuracy of the Dynapack to really get them spot on.

Glad your customers is happy.

Robbie

Status
    User ID

the question in this trend was which timming was rite? pic1 tdp set and i set it in pic2. stone your saying i'm talking shit. its basic timming its a chain same ting as a belt half a tooth makes a diff in what way it runs. your sayin you have your owen way every lad sets it diff but ends up with same marks. how you explain half a tooth you would have to take a lot off a head and a tin gasget to end up that way. even if you measure the cam or do what way you try to say its still pushing down number 4 exh valves the way you left it. everyone makes a mistake we are only human.

yes the car was up there to be mapped i asked yous to sort it. i sent up two heads you and robbie turned turk when i questioned your timming. i paid when i picked up the car even tho it wasn't going. robbie wouldn't even talk to me when i went up for the heads. as i could see from that it was fu*k you i got money. yes i did mail robbie this wk to see what he would say and when i asked bout the timming no answer..