Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Team Kanjiuma 2011 Nissan Silvia S15 (built by Calicages Racing)

Well lads/lassies,

Team Kanjiuma in association with Calicages Racing/mod doctor have decided to share our build of the 2011 Nissan Silvia S15 drift car. This build will show the lesser experienced people on the site how to build a pro car to the highest standards within our budget for 2011. We welcome your questions / queries and for the more experienced guys we welcome your comments or possible improvements you could suggest to the build.

Update 1.......19/11/10.

Below is a 2001 Silvia which competed in the 2009 Prodrift season, it was driven by myself and is in need of a re-fresh.

Ok so Day 1 we rolled in S15 on the very handy costume made Dolly frame. If you have small garages with a few lads working out of same this is a handy tool. We can move car shells in and out of garage within ten minutes.

Above is the S15 stripped of its dash/engine etc, as you can see the standard loom is very bulky and 70% of it is not even required to run drift car. We will be reducing the loom to the bare essentials; the advantages of this are weight reduction and less of a chance of car going on fire due to excessive unnecessary wires.

When removing loom we label every plug to the best of our ability to simplify the striping down of the loom at a later stage. I know nothing about wiring so I am lucky that Stiv (Mod Doctor) and Nelly are experts.

As you can appreciate this project build will be slow as we all work during the day but the Prodrift dead line 2011 has to be achieved.

P.S. Yes I know there is another thread started by Mark about this build be he seams to have lost interest in the S15 up dates…fecker is only up dating his own one…so that’s why I started fresh.

Update 2.....20/11/10

Unfortunately the back of the S15 was damaged; this obviously wouldn’t be the most ideal shell in the world be we all have budgets to abide by. Nelly got to works see below.

I suggested a localised repair in the damaged area but Nelly was insistent of a full panel replacement. This involved drilling out of all the spot welds and removal of side and back window.

Status
    User ID

This is gona be a brilliant thread.... especially for people like me who know f**k all but want to know more about the work that needs to be done to get a car to top standard..... best of luck with it.. Il stay tuned in anyway

Status
    User ID

Looks good Don.

Status
    User ID

good to see more s15's been used we need to get some baller status goin with the s15's

di Member
    Status
    User ID

As jimmy said good to see more s15s been used in the drift scene.. Best of luck wit the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraghs14a View Post
    Looks good Don.
    Cheers Daragh.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

gona be a monster lad,,

Update 3.......22/11/10.

Yesterday we commenced work on a new idea (well it’s probably an old idea but new to us anyway). Over the past few years I seamed to be having problems with cracking of manifolds, this arose from three major problems, drift car having larger exhaust and it being lowered down to the ground hence exhausts banging of the ground and these shocks causing cracks in manifold. The third reason is that I didn’t have a flexi exhaust section fitted after the turbo exhaust pipe to absorber any shocks that may come up from the latter part of the exhaust hitting the ground.
    As seen below where the flame is, Nissan have allowed room in the passenger foot well for the standard silencer box, we have decided to extend this all the way to the front of the car,the second picture shows the sloping of the tunnel up upwards this allows smoother bends for the down pipe. This also keeps the leading elbow on the bottom part of the exhaust up off the road saving the manifold.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

nice work don

looking good, say it be ROASTING in the car now
    ya mite well put a huge air event on the roof
    tell nelly to hurry up :P:P

podge waants his 180 going;P