Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Team Chihuahua 1UZFE RX8 (Daily Driver)

So I got a bit fed up of big projects, the SR RX8 track project, the RB RX7 and the oldest of all Beams KP61, I am finishing them but that have to go to different workshops for different phases and that in turn brings its own delays. I wanted something I could just drop an engine/box into that I liked the styling, had 4doors, was comfortable and could be used for work, weekends or munching up the motorway miles. As most of you know Gripfab does all the fabrication work on my cars and we have built a great working relationship, I have great time for John, Brendan and Bryan. What makes it better is that they are all down to earth lads with a great attitude to work.

John had a 1UZFE engine lying about, we had toy'd with the idea of twin turbo'n it and fitting to the KP but I think that was more tied to the amounts of sugar we had consumed. When reality kicked back in we decided to go with the Beams but I still wanted that V8 rumble so I set out looking for shells, a mate from Irish Rotary was looking for the running gear from an RX8 so we team up and bought a car between us, I got a solid shell, he got the running gear.

How I got the RX8 back to Limerick was no so straight forward to a big thank to Mike O'Sullivan for the Sin Bin van, Eric and Darragh for the trailer and of course Pat for the company on the long journeys. So the plan for this build, no kit, no wheels, I might allow myself lowering springs but that it looks wise. As the title suggests I'll be running a 1UZFE engine, SR20 Gearbox, custom bellhousing, adpater, uprated clutch, new intake and a nice exhaust system and take advantage of that twin exit rear bumper. Should be getting started around the end of march with a plan to have it finished within 4 weeks.

For now here is a few pictures of the donor car :

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Interesting project any info on the custom belhousing to fit the sr to the 1uzfe could sell well
    Best of luck

Status
    User ID

Cool project. I somehow can't see you not getting wheels for it though haha!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by stones View Post
    Interesting project any info on the custom belhousing to fit the sr to the 1uzfe could sell well
    Best of luck
    John at Gripfab is the man to talk too, he will be doing the lot for me mate

Quote Originally Posted by -BigDave- View Post
    Cool project. I somehow can't see you not getting wheels for it though haha!
    Ya its taking all my will power not to look LoL

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by stones View Post
    Best of luck
    i wouldnt bother doing anything to make an sr box fit, they are no ware near strong enough to bother with, rb25 box maybe or a bmw box

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gem-s13 View Post
    i wouldnt bother doing anything to make an sr box fit, they are no ware near strong enough to bother with, rb25 box maybe or a bmw box
    Had no issues with 300+lbs Torque in the altezza and that was running an SR box dude, tis only a road car buck

Status
    User ID

Gona be cool Brendan .. U love the projects ya do and u also love driven all round the country ��

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Very clean car as is will be class to see it with the new set up. Best of luck with it

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kruizer View Post
    What makes it better is that they are all down to earth lads with a great attitude to work.
    Gonna highlight this because they don't get enough praise that they should. There work is awesome quality with no if's or but's, you don't get the bare minimum, you get what you ask for and that little bit more all round.

Your a mad man for the builds in all fairness im looking forward to seeing this being built. Im also looking forward to seeing them all try fit in your driveway

Status
    User ID

Your a mad man

Be cool enough tho, if I was you I'd go for a vvti. You can buy an immobiliser bypass box from Australia

Did you look into getting all the guages working?