Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    its not low enough!
    Status
    User ID

Default r32 skyline diff what fits

righto lads, im keepin the r32, but this one wheel shite is wreckin me buzz!

now its 5 bolt output, but the front holes on r32's are the big lug type arnt they? so if i got a cased 2 way for a 180sx, woiuld it fit the r32? with the right back plate? or will i have to swap the diff into my casing? cheers lads!

what if ya got a diff allready cased including the half shafts if would fit? and of course with the proper back plate, but easy switch over the back plates too.

its not low enough!
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by s15_spec_r View Post
    what if ya got a diff allready cased including the half shafts if would fit? and of course with the proper back plate, but easy switch over the back plates too.
    ya ted but finding a 180sx diff would b easier than a skyline one? anyone no? would just b easier to get a cased diff instead of changing it over!

shur why dont you just buy a 180 diff then if you need to swap the parts you need over, like the half shaft outputs just pop out and the driveshaft one is just bolted on and id be pretty certain the back plate would just swap over 2

hope that helps anyway

its not low enough!
    Status
    User ID

yea but itd b cheaper to buy a diff on its own, but if a 180sx casing will bolt onto the skyline subframe itd save me changing the casing! i dont wana spend the extra few bob buyin a cased diff if the case is useless to me!

ya thats true lad...id be pretty sure the diff would fit anyway...the only difference might be that yours would have big holes to bolt the front of it to the subframe and the other diff might have small ones but i doubt that matters a whole pile...at worst you would need to get longer bolts

i have a 4:3 skyline diff in my 180 and it fits perfect

its not low enough!
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by DeaneMsport_180sx View Post
    i have a 4:3 skyline diff in my 180 and it fits perfect

an did u have to get the spacers bushes for the big holes in the diff? at the front?

Quote Originally Posted by alan opel View Post
    an did u have to get the spacers bushes for the big holes in the diff? at the front?
    ya my dad machined spacers for the front of the diff...and im using the original bolts and all

di Member
    Status
    User ID

an r32 has the exact same diff as any s13 r200series casing a diff from any nissan s or r body will fit but you will need to put a 4 bolt rear cover on it a diff from a s14 s15 r33 will have a 2 bolt cover and longer front bolts as they are rubber mounted that is the only diffrance as for shafts they all swap over from every nissan no problem so dont be put off by 5 or 6 bolt diffs you will get a pair of shaft for about €100

di Member
    Status
    User ID

had r32 bought a cased nismo 2 way from 180sx
    Bolted straight in half shafts and prop just no speed sensor
    So abs lite on on mine, all d better do