-
One Eighty Essex Build.
Alight lads and ladies.
So I picked myself up a 180sx a few months back, Didn't put up a thread
until I had a few jobs done to it.
I picked it up for very little spuds, just 500 more than what I sold
the civic for.
It was in storage for the last 4 years in a shed, Still drives nicely
with 0 rattles.
I been driving around the last 3 months with nct up
1/12/09 and Tax was up before that.
Still drives without.
It would have had NCT only for a cock up with the nct woman on the phone
booking my retest in a different centre.
Anyways,
I always wanted to buy a bog standard car with no mods and do it my
own swing, Then when I had the money and was able to do it along
came this.
Its currently a sr20de,
WhenI bought it had 3 after market items,
Nismo springs,
A alarm system with remote start.
16" Advan AVS MODEL 6 Alloys
So Basically just what I wanted Not even a aftermarket air filter or even
a after market exhaust, Everything is standard. The body is very very
straight, Some small bits of rust on panels but they will be sorted
sometime in the summer.
Heres some base Pictures..
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps81d57628.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c602dbb.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3089d5e0.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psabead1a0.jpg
First things first there was some surface rust in the boot, so that got a
seeing to straight away Nothing a wire brush and drill couldn fix.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps61fbc507.jpg
It needed a bit of a sand down and respray black here and there. Just to freshen up the whole car.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psede585ab.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f36fc74.jpg
While I had the black paint I toke the interior out and replayed the roof black along with the visors and the light surrounds, It done a nice change that it rare to see.
Pictures don't do much justice
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8b60a331.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psc04b8f9d.jpg
The standard exhaust s/s was wrecking my head so I got a skunk2 exhaust cat back, Really nice sound off it even for a N/A.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9d7ee494.jpg
Also a set of cusco coilovers have been put on the front.
While I was there Pepsterx was trying to tempt me into buying a set of works,
I'm really sickened I dont have the money for them but all in good time!!
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1a5f915.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3fe469a0.jpg
-
I had CMD tints down the last day and got the back half tinted.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps07b30c08.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psa4241dd5.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps643f71cf.jpg
Obviously there is no way its staying N/A.
So this dirty looking N/A engine will be whipped out hopefully this time next month,
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psc03293f8.jpg
I have an engine with all the necessary goods needed to turbo it sourced already thanks to pepterex, Its sitting in his garage waiting to go in along with the whole set up. I hadnt planned on putting this thread up until it was turbo'd but boredom toke over.
I have my last exam 16 may so will dig into it after that! All work will be carried out by pepterex himself. Absolute genius with cars.
Until then I'll be tipping away at it doing small stuff keeping me happy. All comments welcome
-
That was a cheap car, remember it when It was for sale, should be real cool wit the det, but if your doing an engine swap would you not go rb or something mad seeing as you've to do work anyway?
-
good start! id cover the 6x9s over though in some light material, very in your face stuff! ha
-
Ahh the tints fairy hide em, Plus when your in the car ya don't see them so they don't bother me much
-
-
you need them miesters.looks weel!
-
Lovely car man get a Kouki front bumper an she will be mint
-
Cool project. kouki front bummper slam it on the ground. cover over those speakers in the back window. and be awesome.! great start man
-
looked Fairly clean lastnight lad :wink: them speakers still stand out at you tho :P