PDA

View Full Version : ps13 brake vacuum question + pad inquiry

burner
21-08-10, 02:58
tonight my brakes failed after a pop coming from the engine while hard braking , upon closer inspection it turns out there is a small black canister on the right hand side of the Rad which has a few vacuum pipes on it and one had cracked off on the bottom. we got it back barley after some cowbay mechanics involving some cable ties and super glue :P

1. is this canister nessescery(sp), can it be bypassed with a T fitting or a cross fitting
2. brake pads got fucked so does anyone know who would have them in stock in the munster area tomorrow after 6 as i need the car in a bad way.

way2fastforu
21-08-10, 10:30
the small black canister is your charcoal canister the 2 pipes that go to the throttle body can be blocked up...the the other 2 pipes you can join together they are jus breather pipes for the petrol tank if you join them it'll vent the fumes straight into the chassis leg instead of through the canister an into chassis leg...iv it done on mine an its fine

burner
21-08-10, 17:25
cheers man, but does one of them have anything specifically to do with the brakes as i dont want it to happen again

way2fastforu
21-08-10, 17:28
no none them pipes off the charcoal canister have anythin to do wit the brakes dude.
theres 4 pipes off it 2 go to the throttle body 1 to the petrol tank an 1 goes into the chassis leg which is actually the vent for the petrol tank it jus runs thro the canister first

burner
21-08-10, 17:54
Ok then, the pipe leading from the bottom of that canister blew off under hard breaking, pedal went to the floor and i stopped with the handbrake, after we got that pipe back on i have a pedal again. anyone explain?

way2fastforu
21-08-10, 19:33
the pipe off the bottom of the canister is the one that goes into the chassis leg its jus a breather that shouldn have affected your brakes at all

ian g sr20
21-08-10, 20:22
the small black canister is your charcoal canister the 2 pipes that go to the throttle body can be blocked up...the the other 2 pipes you can join together they are jus breather pipes for the petrol tank if you join them it'll vent the fumes straight into the chassis leg instead of through the canister an into chassis leg...iv it done on mine an its fine

this wount effect the runni9ng of the car will it i want 2 get rid of my canaister also?

way2fastforu
21-08-10, 20:31
this wount effect the runni9ng of the car will it i want 2 get rid of my canaister also?

no dude it wont affect the runnin of the car iv it done on mine an it runs perfect

ian g sr20
21-08-10, 20:33
must get at it 2moro iv bein wanting to get rid of the canaister for a long time but i didnt want 2 go messing with it chers lad

way2fastforu
21-08-10, 20:35
no prob dude

burner
22-08-10, 12:04
cheers man, gonna have to do some more investigating.

RedlineKits
23-08-10, 03:44
tonight my brakes failed after a pop coming from the engine while hard braking , upon closer inspection it turns out there is a small black canister on the right hand side of the Rad which has a few vacuum pipes on it and one had cracked off on the bottom. we got it back barley after some cowbay mechanics involving some cable ties and super glue :P

1. is this canister nessescery(sp), can it be bypassed with a T fitting or a cross fitting
2. brake pads got fucked so does anyone know who would have them in stock in the munster area tomorrow after 6 as i need the car in a bad way.

Im tellin burkey you called him a cowboy mechanic haha

burner
23-08-10, 19:13
you cannot tell me that at half 2 in the morning at the side of the road with some cable ties and a tub of superglue isnt cowboy mechanics......fukin worked tho :P